Avengers 2, Planet Hulk in the Works [SPOILERS ALERT]
By Gilda Galang | February 5, 2013 5:42 PM EST
Marvel Studios hit a gold mine with the Avengers, so it's natural to see progress not just with the Avengers movie, but also with the standalone movies of the many Avengers.
The Latino Review got the scoop, reporting that at the end of The Avengers 2, The Hulk will be hurtled into space by the Iluminati, hence practically begging for its own Planet Hulk film for Marvel's Phase 3.
In addition, IGN reports that this can mean a big advancement for the case of Avengers 3, as Hulk will come back bringing with him his own version of World War Hulk.
To fuel the credibility factor, Marvel's Kevin Feige was also quoted in MTV saying, "I don't think there's a lot that we couldn't do someday, as the cinematic universe continues to grow and expand and get as big as the comic book universe. Planet Hulk is a cool story. World War Hulk is a cool story."
If this moves on to actual production, no one can definitely say, even given Marvel's tendency to plot out its movie installments years as a time. But fans can celebrate an even deeper story to complement the potential growth of the Marvel Universe with director Joss Whedon's take on the next Avengers
According to Digital Spy, Whedon is expecting the Avengers 2 to go deeper into the story, not necessarily bigger in terms of casting more characters.
"The grand thing is that all these people have met, so you've gotten that out of the way. And now you can really spend your time just digging in. And by digging in, I mean with a scalpel to cause pain," he said in an interview.
While there is no word yet on any shooting details for the Avengers 2, Whedon did say to MTV that the scriptwriting is almost there, with just a couple of months on schedule to do edits and refinements.
MTV also reports that Ant Man and Doctor Strange may well lead Marvel's Phase Three plans, following the more well-known standalone films (Iron Man 3, Thord; The Dark World, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier) as well as its pilot films (Guardians of the Galaxy and The Avengers 2).
"'Ant-Man' is definitely part of Phase Three," Feige confirmed to MTV in an interview. "Like 'Iron Man 3,' it's certainly set in the Marvel Universe, but it's also through the lens of Edgar Wright-which is the only reason were' making the movie."
Meanwhile, avid fans still have two years to wait for the Avengers 2, which is slated for a May 2015 release. You can, however, look forward to Iron Man 3, which debuted its new trailer during the Super Bowl, on May 3, as well as Thor: The Dark World, set for release on November 8.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown