Avengers 2, Planet Hulk in the Works [SPOILERS ALERT]
By Gilda Galang | February 5, 2013 5:42 PM EST
Marvel Studios hit a gold mine with the Avengers, so it's natural to see progress not just with the Avengers movie, but also with the standalone movies of the many Avengers.
The Latino Review got the scoop, reporting that at the end of The Avengers 2, The Hulk will be hurtled into space by the Iluminati, hence practically begging for its own Planet Hulk film for Marvel's Phase 3.
In addition, IGN reports that this can mean a big advancement for the case of Avengers 3, as Hulk will come back bringing with him his own version of World War Hulk.
To fuel the credibility factor, Marvel's Kevin Feige was also quoted in MTV saying, "I don't think there's a lot that we couldn't do someday, as the cinematic universe continues to grow and expand and get as big as the comic book universe. Planet Hulk is a cool story. World War Hulk is a cool story."
If this moves on to actual production, no one can definitely say, even given Marvel's tendency to plot out its movie installments years as a time. But fans can celebrate an even deeper story to complement the potential growth of the Marvel Universe with director Joss Whedon's take on the next Avengers
According to Digital Spy, Whedon is expecting the Avengers 2 to go deeper into the story, not necessarily bigger in terms of casting more characters.
"The grand thing is that all these people have met, so you've gotten that out of the way. And now you can really spend your time just digging in. And by digging in, I mean with a scalpel to cause pain," he said in an interview.
While there is no word yet on any shooting details for the Avengers 2, Whedon did say to MTV that the scriptwriting is almost there, with just a couple of months on schedule to do edits and refinements.
MTV also reports that Ant Man and Doctor Strange may well lead Marvel's Phase Three plans, following the more well-known standalone films (Iron Man 3, Thord; The Dark World, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier) as well as its pilot films (Guardians of the Galaxy and The Avengers 2).
"'Ant-Man' is definitely part of Phase Three," Feige confirmed to MTV in an interview. "Like 'Iron Man 3,' it's certainly set in the Marvel Universe, but it's also through the lens of Edgar Wright-which is the only reason were' making the movie."
Meanwhile, avid fans still have two years to wait for the Avengers 2, which is slated for a May 2015 release. You can, however, look forward to Iron Man 3, which debuted its new trailer during the Super Bowl, on May 3, as well as Thor: The Dark World, set for release on November 8.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia