Avengers 2, Planet Hulk in the Works [SPOILERS ALERT]
By Gilda Galang | February 5, 2013 5:42 PM EST
Marvel Studios hit a gold mine with the Avengers, so it's natural to see progress not just with the Avengers movie, but also with the standalone movies of the many Avengers.
The Latino Review got the scoop, reporting that at the end of The Avengers 2, The Hulk will be hurtled into space by the Iluminati, hence practically begging for its own Planet Hulk film for Marvel's Phase 3.
In addition, IGN reports that this can mean a big advancement for the case of Avengers 3, as Hulk will come back bringing with him his own version of World War Hulk.
To fuel the credibility factor, Marvel's Kevin Feige was also quoted in MTV saying, "I don't think there's a lot that we couldn't do someday, as the cinematic universe continues to grow and expand and get as big as the comic book universe. Planet Hulk is a cool story. World War Hulk is a cool story."
If this moves on to actual production, no one can definitely say, even given Marvel's tendency to plot out its movie installments years as a time. But fans can celebrate an even deeper story to complement the potential growth of the Marvel Universe with director Joss Whedon's take on the next Avengers
According to Digital Spy, Whedon is expecting the Avengers 2 to go deeper into the story, not necessarily bigger in terms of casting more characters.
"The grand thing is that all these people have met, so you've gotten that out of the way. And now you can really spend your time just digging in. And by digging in, I mean with a scalpel to cause pain," he said in an interview.
While there is no word yet on any shooting details for the Avengers 2, Whedon did say to MTV that the scriptwriting is almost there, with just a couple of months on schedule to do edits and refinements.
MTV also reports that Ant Man and Doctor Strange may well lead Marvel's Phase Three plans, following the more well-known standalone films (Iron Man 3, Thord; The Dark World, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier) as well as its pilot films (Guardians of the Galaxy and The Avengers 2).
"'Ant-Man' is definitely part of Phase Three," Feige confirmed to MTV in an interview. "Like 'Iron Man 3,' it's certainly set in the Marvel Universe, but it's also through the lens of Edgar Wright-which is the only reason were' making the movie."
Meanwhile, avid fans still have two years to wait for the Avengers 2, which is slated for a May 2015 release. You can, however, look forward to Iron Man 3, which debuted its new trailer during the Super Bowl, on May 3, as well as Thor: The Dark World, set for release on November 8.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015