HTC M7: Verizon to Offer the Device as an Upgraded Droid DNA?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 5, 2013 5:20 PM EST
Current reports suggest Verizon will offer the HTC M7 smart phone as an upgraded Droid DNA version. According to the latest Twitter update from an HTC insider @LlabTooFeR, there is a possibility that the HTC Droid DNA smart phone codenamed "DLXPLUS" will be included in Verizon's device lineup very soon.
Hardware specifications for the "DLXPLUS" model imply that the largest wireless provider could be preparing for a device with fine points that are not different from the rumored HTC M7. In the HTC insider's Twitter update, the "DLXPLUS" is a 4.7-inch 1080p device with a Qualcomm APQ8064 quad-core and a 1.7GHz Snapdragon S4 processor.
The device features 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage capacity as well as Android Jelly Bean plus HTC's Sense UI 5.0. Other features include a 13MP camera, GPS + Glonnas support, Bluetooth 4.0 and the typical Wi-Fi connectivity.
Gadget enthusiasts who have been closely watching the HTC M7 updates can notice the specifications similarity of the DLXPLUS with the upcoming HTC flagship. The only difference is the size of the screen display where the current Droid DNA sports a 5-inch display against the 4.7-inch display of the DLXPLUS.
It can therefore be concluded that Verizon will possibly carry the HTC M7 but under its Droid DNA branding system. The code DLXPLUS could as well be tagged as the "Droid DNA Mini" now that other device dealers lately use such term in their marketing design.
As of now, things still remain unclear until HTC officially unveils their next smart phone, HTC M7, on February 19 in NYC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June