HTC M7: Verizon to Offer the Device as an Upgraded Droid DNA?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 5, 2013 5:20 PM EST
Current reports suggest Verizon will offer the HTC M7 smart phone as an upgraded Droid DNA version. According to the latest Twitter update from an HTC insider @LlabTooFeR, there is a possibility that the HTC Droid DNA smart phone codenamed "DLXPLUS" will be included in Verizon's device lineup very soon.
Hardware specifications for the "DLXPLUS" model imply that the largest wireless provider could be preparing for a device with fine points that are not different from the rumored HTC M7. In the HTC insider's Twitter update, the "DLXPLUS" is a 4.7-inch 1080p device with a Qualcomm APQ8064 quad-core and a 1.7GHz Snapdragon S4 processor.
The device features 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage capacity as well as Android Jelly Bean plus HTC's Sense UI 5.0. Other features include a 13MP camera, GPS + Glonnas support, Bluetooth 4.0 and the typical Wi-Fi connectivity.
Gadget enthusiasts who have been closely watching the HTC M7 updates can notice the specifications similarity of the DLXPLUS with the upcoming HTC flagship. The only difference is the size of the screen display where the current Droid DNA sports a 5-inch display against the 4.7-inch display of the DLXPLUS.
It can therefore be concluded that Verizon will possibly carry the HTC M7 but under its Droid DNA branding system. The code DLXPLUS could as well be tagged as the "Droid DNA Mini" now that other device dealers lately use such term in their marketing design.
As of now, things still remain unclear until HTC officially unveils their next smart phone, HTC M7, on February 19 in NYC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight