HTC M7: Verizon to Offer the Device as an Upgraded Droid DNA?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 5, 2013 5:20 PM EST
Current reports suggest Verizon will offer the HTC M7 smart phone as an upgraded Droid DNA version. According to the latest Twitter update from an HTC insider @LlabTooFeR, there is a possibility that the HTC Droid DNA smart phone codenamed "DLXPLUS" will be included in Verizon's device lineup very soon.
Hardware specifications for the "DLXPLUS" model imply that the largest wireless provider could be preparing for a device with fine points that are not different from the rumored HTC M7. In the HTC insider's Twitter update, the "DLXPLUS" is a 4.7-inch 1080p device with a Qualcomm APQ8064 quad-core and a 1.7GHz Snapdragon S4 processor.
The device features 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage capacity as well as Android Jelly Bean plus HTC's Sense UI 5.0. Other features include a 13MP camera, GPS + Glonnas support, Bluetooth 4.0 and the typical Wi-Fi connectivity.
Gadget enthusiasts who have been closely watching the HTC M7 updates can notice the specifications similarity of the DLXPLUS with the upcoming HTC flagship. The only difference is the size of the screen display where the current Droid DNA sports a 5-inch display against the 4.7-inch display of the DLXPLUS.
It can therefore be concluded that Verizon will possibly carry the HTC M7 but under its Droid DNA branding system. The code DLXPLUS could as well be tagged as the "Droid DNA Mini" now that other device dealers lately use such term in their marketing design.
As of now, things still remain unclear until HTC officially unveils their next smart phone, HTC M7, on February 19 in NYC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown