HTC M7: Verizon to Offer the Device as an Upgraded Droid DNA?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 5, 2013 5:20 PM EST
Current reports suggest Verizon will offer the HTC M7 smart phone as an upgraded Droid DNA version. According to the latest Twitter update from an HTC insider @LlabTooFeR, there is a possibility that the HTC Droid DNA smart phone codenamed "DLXPLUS" will be included in Verizon's device lineup very soon.
Hardware specifications for the "DLXPLUS" model imply that the largest wireless provider could be preparing for a device with fine points that are not different from the rumored HTC M7. In the HTC insider's Twitter update, the "DLXPLUS" is a 4.7-inch 1080p device with a Qualcomm APQ8064 quad-core and a 1.7GHz Snapdragon S4 processor.
The device features 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage capacity as well as Android Jelly Bean plus HTC's Sense UI 5.0. Other features include a 13MP camera, GPS + Glonnas support, Bluetooth 4.0 and the typical Wi-Fi connectivity.
Gadget enthusiasts who have been closely watching the HTC M7 updates can notice the specifications similarity of the DLXPLUS with the upcoming HTC flagship. The only difference is the size of the screen display where the current Droid DNA sports a 5-inch display against the 4.7-inch display of the DLXPLUS.
It can therefore be concluded that Verizon will possibly carry the HTC M7 but under its Droid DNA branding system. The code DLXPLUS could as well be tagged as the "Droid DNA Mini" now that other device dealers lately use such term in their marketing design.
As of now, things still remain unclear until HTC officially unveils their next smart phone, HTC M7, on February 19 in NYC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions