Untethered Jailbreak Evasi0n Deploys for Ready Use by iPads, iPhones, iPod Touch on iOS 6.x
By Erik Pineda | February 5, 2013 4:21 PM EST
Good news for the millions of iOS 6.x-powered gadget users. The untethered jailbreak evasi0n tool is ready for download for owners of iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad mini, all iPad models and the last three generations of the iPod touch models.
The Apple device modification tool is the product of the hardwork by the Evad3rs Jailbreak Team, which made sure that the end-result is applicable to Apple products with the following chips: A4, A5 and A6.
Potentially, evasi0n is able to power around 300 million devices worldwide, granted users would want to enjoy the best of both words - that of the universe officially recognised by Apple and the alternative piece together by the more adventurous Apple aficionados.
The file is live on this link: http://evasi0n.com/, where users will find helpful tips to consider before they allow the deployment of the tool to their devices.
Installing evasi0n is totally safe, the Evad3rs Jailbreak Team assured, and if "the process gets stuck somewhere, it's safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process."
Of course, it is highly recommended for users to backup their devices via iTunes before letting evasi0n in. This will allow for the safe recovery of data in the event the whole procedure gets a bit funky.
The installation is simple, the jailbreak team said, and will only take at least five minutes. According to Jailbreak-Untethered.com, the process will speed up if Apple device owners would opt to reset and erase their contents following the back up procedure.
The whole evasi0n process will work on Windows, Mac OS and Linux and if you want a detailed guide on the matter, head on to this site: http://jailbreak-untethered.com/download-evasi0n-to-jailbreak-ios-6.1-untethered-on-all-devices-how-to/.
Untethered jailbreak is much preferred in the iOS world because "users will not have to connect to their computers to boot their devices after the jailbreak is applied," per the report by BGR News.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million