Linsanity’s 1st Anniversary: Is Jeremy Lin a One Hit Wonder?
By Czarina Malleta | February 5, 2013 3:31 PM EST
It has been a year since Jeremy Lin had his breakthrough in Manhattan. But after a year, is Linsanity over? Is Jeremy Lin just a one hit wonder?
A year has passed since Jeremy Lin became a household name not only in the United States but the rest of the world as well. He was also once dubbed as the "Next Michael Jordan," an expectation that is so difficult to live up to. But after a year not much has been heard nor seen from Jeremy.
A year ago, there was an Asian American player who was picked from an Ivy League school. Armed with unsuspecting athletic talents, he whisked off to the Madison Square Garden for the Knicks game against the New Jersey Nets. Everyone was stunned and that's when Linsanity began.
But where is Jeremy Lin now? Well for starters, he's not playing under the New York Knicks anymore. In 2012, Lin singed a lucrative $25 million 3-year contract as point guard with the Houston Rockets.
While he still does a lot for his team, people can't determine whether he is "out of this world" good or he's just efficient as a player. As far as his records are concerned, Lin has been consistent with his plays on the basketball arena. But nothing close to what happened during the Knicks vs. Nets game came close.
He remains a pretty good point guard for the Houston Rockets. While they may have overpaid Lin since Linsanity fever was still not over then, he is without a doubt a good point guard. He may not be the best but he is definitely not the worst.
"I think he's kind of like a young player trying to find his destiny in his career," Houston Rocket's James Harden once said of Lin.
So is Jeremy Lin a one hit wonder? The answer is perhaps no. Maybe it's not the player that has fallen off the radar. Maybe Linsanity fever just happens to be over and the people who have created it are no long "Linsane." Jeremy Lin is still and continues to be a good player, but something like Linsanity may take a long time to ever happen again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around