Janoskians Evolving: From Pranksters to Pop Sensations
By Gilda Galang | February 5, 2013 2:52 PM EST
They started out as a five-boy group that pulled pranks all over Melbourne. But after, being a viral hit in YouTube for the legendary mockumentaries, they now have a deal with Sony, a debut single, and 575,000 followers and counting.
The Janoskians (Just Another Name Of Silly Kids In Another Nation, for those who still don't know), comprised of members Jai Brooks, James Yammouni, Daniel Sahyounie, Beau Brooks, and Luke Brooks, just recently finished an Australian tour with Reece Mastin and Justice Crew, according to Take40.
Out of the viral pan and into the limelight
Even as they moved on with their single "Set This World On Fire," The Janoskian didn't abandon the attitude that propelled them to the spotlight.
"The single is really cheeky, out there and edgy. It's about us going out, having fun and nothing twice. We love it!" member James Yammouni said to Nine MSN''s Dolly.
Regarding any talk of follow-up singles or even an album, the group remains hopeful, and thrives in the support of family, friends, and fans.
Love in the face of fame
The Janoskians have been receiving all the love-and, on the flip side, all the hate from online trolls-from fans, but one Janoskian member, Jai has also been seen holding hands with a certain young celebrity.
Earlier this year, MTV reports Jai spending the New Year with Nickelodeon star Ariana Grande. Now, the two are officially a couple, having been spotted several occasions together all over New York City.
As for the other boys, they have their own share of girl stories, albeit hilarious ones. In an interview with Nine MSN's Dolly, Beau said, "When we're in our home town of Melbourne, they camp outside the front of our houses and steal our shoes and stuff. But then when we go to walk outside and say hello, they run away, I think they get nervous!"
A troll, a cyber lawsuit, and the continuing anti-Janoskian fever
It's not all fun and games with the boys, because even with their massive following, they can't escape the hate from the anti-Janoskian groups.
Late last year, the boys were involved in a vicious cyber bullying episode where the group had no choice but to go for court action. The last straw was drawn after Janoskian haters crashed and ruined a charity auction that the band was supporting, reports News.com
Janoskian member James' family even had to suffer the consequences, with haters heading to his home in Melbourne and ringing their phone off the hook after his personal details were published online.
The most recent clash between the Janoskians and their haters happened last week, when the group and their fans-some of whom were children-were bidding at the Federation Square for a stint in Ellen, reports The Herald Sun.
However, haters from a group called Facebeef crashed the event, and resulted in police intervention.
According to one hater, Tosh Finnigan, said in an interview with The Herald Sun, "They like to think they are the Jackass of Australia but all they do is go around on public transport annoying strangers."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date