Janoskians Evolving: From Pranksters to Pop Sensations
By Gilda Galang | February 5, 2013 2:52 PM EST
They started out as a five-boy group that pulled pranks all over Melbourne. But after, being a viral hit in YouTube for the legendary mockumentaries, they now have a deal with Sony, a debut single, and 575,000 followers and counting.
The Janoskians (Just Another Name Of Silly Kids In Another Nation, for those who still don't know), comprised of members Jai Brooks, James Yammouni, Daniel Sahyounie, Beau Brooks, and Luke Brooks, just recently finished an Australian tour with Reece Mastin and Justice Crew, according to Take40.
Out of the viral pan and into the limelight
Even as they moved on with their single "Set This World On Fire," The Janoskian didn't abandon the attitude that propelled them to the spotlight.
"The single is really cheeky, out there and edgy. It's about us going out, having fun and nothing twice. We love it!" member James Yammouni said to Nine MSN''s Dolly.
Regarding any talk of follow-up singles or even an album, the group remains hopeful, and thrives in the support of family, friends, and fans.
Love in the face of fame
The Janoskians have been receiving all the love-and, on the flip side, all the hate from online trolls-from fans, but one Janoskian member, Jai has also been seen holding hands with a certain young celebrity.
Earlier this year, MTV reports Jai spending the New Year with Nickelodeon star Ariana Grande. Now, the two are officially a couple, having been spotted several occasions together all over New York City.
As for the other boys, they have their own share of girl stories, albeit hilarious ones. In an interview with Nine MSN's Dolly, Beau said, "When we're in our home town of Melbourne, they camp outside the front of our houses and steal our shoes and stuff. But then when we go to walk outside and say hello, they run away, I think they get nervous!"
A troll, a cyber lawsuit, and the continuing anti-Janoskian fever
It's not all fun and games with the boys, because even with their massive following, they can't escape the hate from the anti-Janoskian groups.
Late last year, the boys were involved in a vicious cyber bullying episode where the group had no choice but to go for court action. The last straw was drawn after Janoskian haters crashed and ruined a charity auction that the band was supporting, reports News.com
Janoskian member James' family even had to suffer the consequences, with haters heading to his home in Melbourne and ringing their phone off the hook after his personal details were published online.
The most recent clash between the Janoskians and their haters happened last week, when the group and their fans-some of whom were children-were bidding at the Federation Square for a stint in Ellen, reports The Herald Sun.
However, haters from a group called Facebeef crashed the event, and resulted in police intervention.
According to one hater, Tosh Finnigan, said in an interview with The Herald Sun, "They like to think they are the Jackass of Australia but all they do is go around on public transport annoying strangers."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’