iPad 5 Release Date Set in October Alongside iPad Mini 2?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 5, 2013 1:50 PM EST
This is supported by a report from iLounge editor-in-chief Jeremy Horowitz states that the iPad 5 might not be released until October, "give or take a couple weeks" due to what he believes is a shortage of component supplies.
According to Horowitz, who apparently had some time with an iPad 5 prototype earlier in January, the new iPad will utilize a design similar to the iPad Mini's.
There will be practically no bezels, and the whole form factor has been made sleeker. Horowitz believes this design indicates that Apple will be calling on Sharp's IGZO screen technology. Sharp, however, according to Horowitz, has been struggling, and its ability to deliver components on time will play a key role in the release of the next iPad.
The report lines up with iLounge's first description of the new iPad which is expected to arrive in October with smaller, iPad mini-esque bezels and chamfered edges and curves. In portrait orientation, picture a 9.7" screen with virtually no left or right bezels, and only enough space above and below the screen to accommodate the mandatory camera and Home Button elements.
On the other hand, reports claim the next iPad Mini will feature the same 7.9-inch size display as the current model but with a higher resolution 2048x1536 pixel resolution at 324 pixels-per-inch, making it a true Retina display. The device is rumoured to be released also in October.
Meanwhile, the upgraded iPad 4 will be available starting February 5. This newest gadget includes a 9.7-inch retina display and 128 GB. The iPad 4 is basically the same as its predecessor, the only improvements being its storage size and retina display. However, the device costs $100 greater than the original version.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight