Samsung Galaxy S4 to be Released in March on Higher Price than GS3?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 5, 2013 1:19 PM EST
Latest rumours claimed that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will not appear in the upcoming Mobile World Congress later this month but in a separate launch event in March 22 with a higher price compared to its predecessor.
CNET sited a source close to the launch plans for Samsung allegedly stated that the Galaxy S4 will be unveiled at a later date. It is reported that Samsung does not want to share the spotlight with other smartphones that will be released at the tech event.
Samsung seemed to be planning an extravagant launch event for the successor of 2012's best-selling smartphone - Samsung Galaxy S3. Geeky-Gadgets claimed to have received a tip from a source working in a major retailer in the U.K that Samsung's smartphone will launch sometime between April 15 and April 22.
Samsung may also wait till May to release the new phone as it did last year for the Galaxy S3. The company made a separate announcement to spotlight the device a few days before the CTIA Wireless conference in order to focus the attention on the top-of-the-line smartphone.
Some of the rumoured specifications for the Galaxy S4 include a 5-inch FHD Super AMOLED 1980 x 1080 Flexible Display, 4G LTE connectivity, a 13-megapixel camera, 2-megapixel front camera, 2GB of RAM and Samsung's latest eight core processor, the Exynos 5 Octa that the company introduced at CES.
Some rumours claimed that the device will come with Androidv4.2.1 Jelly Bean out of the box. However, other rumours say that the device will run with Androidv5.0, Key Lime Pie.
Throwing better specs and features into the upcoming smartphone may make the device more expensive than its predecessor. Indications are that this situation is due to a new update service policy being introduced by Samsung that will come into effect once the S4 has been released. It is a system designed to provide Samsung with greater control over updates and sales of the Galaxy S4 smart-phone.
Some retail outlets would have to pay a higher price for units, which would account for increased costs to the user. Although an increased price for the new Galaxy S4 could seem a downside. However, the benefits of a better service and faster software updates may be advantageous for the company.
Samsung released no official comment yet on the rumours surrounding Samsung Galaxy S4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More