Mobile Technology Use Tops 7 Key Trends for Fitness Industry in 2013
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 5, 2013 11:45 AM EST
The fitness industry in Australia and New Zealand is keeping up with the times by adapting to mobile technology in a bid to make 2013 one of the biggest years in the industry.
According to Ezpay.com's 2013 Fitness Industry Trend Report, the number one trend would be the industry moving towards becoming cashless. That means more consumers will be paying for fitness products and services using mobile and cashless payments systems. For Australian MasterCards members, a PayPass chip inserted in their cards would allow them to pay for purchases.
The second trend is the investment by more enterprises in mobile sales tool which would permit their sales staff to close deals while on the go. This is possible through provision of access to membership software using the proper apps which would permit the sales staff to view member details, sign a new member from anywhere and anytime. The mobile sales app used on iPhone and iPads is the iconnect360 membership management software.
The third trend involves mobile phones becoming surrogate wallets used not just for payments but also to carry membership cards, store cards, receipts and boarding passes. That means leaner wallets, but more powerful smartphones via the proper apps.
To further help identify more fitness trends for 2013, Ezypay is conducting a survey among members, club owners and managers on topics such as personal training, bookings and communication channels.
The trends to be generated would be timely since losing weight and keeping fit is often the number one New Year's resolution of many people who often have overindulged during the yearend holidays.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery