HTC Launches New Flagship, M7, to Counter Drop in Sales
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 5, 2013 10:54 AM EST
The Taiwanese firm HTC is still under warning of continues sales drop. The intense friction between Apple and Samsung in terms of marketing has stumbled HTC while the new players, Huawei and ZTE, compete inside China, which kicked the Taiwanese firm out of the top five in the last quarter of 2012.
HTC forecasts its sixth consecutive drop in quarterly sales and revenue in the first quarter of 2013 will be NT$50 billion ($1.7 billion) to NT$60 billion. HTC Chief Executive Officer Peter Chou is, however, confident regardless of the bleak forecast. He said in a statement, "We're most confident now because last year we achieved a lot, and we changed a lot," in the M7 show off.
The new flagship M7 from HTC has been confirmed by Mr Chou and it is expected to go head to head with the other tech players in the market.
The device is rumoured to have a 1.7GHz quad-core processor from Qualcomm and will have Android 4.2 Jellybean. At the same time, the display will have the latest version of the HTC Sense UI. The screen has 4.7-inch SoLux with 1080p Full High Definition display resolution and an impressive 468 ppi.
The most intriguing about this device is the camera capability. It is still a puzzle to some spectators that HTC M7 will have either 13MP or a 4.3 Ultrapixels. Rumours have suggested that the new device has 13MP installed to its rear camera shooter but some sources gave hints that the new camera is made up of three 4.3MP sensor layers combined to give a single image. Adding up three 4.3MP layers will sum up to around 13MP.
According to these sources, the technique is similar to that of Sigma in Foveon X3 sensor which means the combination of three lots of data to produce one final pixel. The effect will generate a crisper and cleaner image with color accuracy. This is also similar to Nokia's PureView and Fujifilm's EXR system.
Here are some of the speculated technical specifications, according to Tech Crunch:
Screen Size: 4.7 Inches
Display Technology: TFT
Display Resolution: 1920x1080
Camera - Rear: 13 megapixel
Camera - Front: 2 megapixel
Video capture resolution: 1080p
Connectivity: 4G LTE, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
RAM: 2 GB
Storage: 32 GB internal
Battery: 2,300 mAh
And here is a preview of the new HTC flagship.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'