HTC Launches New Flagship, M7, to Counter Drop in Sales
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 5, 2013 10:54 AM EST
The Taiwanese firm HTC is still under warning of continues sales drop. The intense friction between Apple and Samsung in terms of marketing has stumbled HTC while the new players, Huawei and ZTE, compete inside China, which kicked the Taiwanese firm out of the top five in the last quarter of 2012.
HTC forecasts its sixth consecutive drop in quarterly sales and revenue in the first quarter of 2013 will be NT$50 billion ($1.7 billion) to NT$60 billion. HTC Chief Executive Officer Peter Chou is, however, confident regardless of the bleak forecast. He said in a statement, "We're most confident now because last year we achieved a lot, and we changed a lot," in the M7 show off.
The new flagship M7 from HTC has been confirmed by Mr Chou and it is expected to go head to head with the other tech players in the market.
The device is rumoured to have a 1.7GHz quad-core processor from Qualcomm and will have Android 4.2 Jellybean. At the same time, the display will have the latest version of the HTC Sense UI. The screen has 4.7-inch SoLux with 1080p Full High Definition display resolution and an impressive 468 ppi.
The most intriguing about this device is the camera capability. It is still a puzzle to some spectators that HTC M7 will have either 13MP or a 4.3 Ultrapixels. Rumours have suggested that the new device has 13MP installed to its rear camera shooter but some sources gave hints that the new camera is made up of three 4.3MP sensor layers combined to give a single image. Adding up three 4.3MP layers will sum up to around 13MP.
According to these sources, the technique is similar to that of Sigma in Foveon X3 sensor which means the combination of three lots of data to produce one final pixel. The effect will generate a crisper and cleaner image with color accuracy. This is also similar to Nokia's PureView and Fujifilm's EXR system.
Here are some of the speculated technical specifications, according to Tech Crunch:
Screen Size: 4.7 Inches
Display Technology: TFT
Display Resolution: 1920x1080
Camera - Rear: 13 megapixel
Camera - Front: 2 megapixel
Video capture resolution: 1080p
Connectivity: 4G LTE, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
RAM: 2 GB
Storage: 32 GB internal
Battery: 2,300 mAh
And here is a preview of the new HTC flagship.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones