Manny Pacquiao Stars in New Self-Help-Talk-Drama Show (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 5, 2013 10:15 AM EST
Eight-division boxing title holder Manny Pacquiao is back - not on the ring for a bout with Floyd Mayweather Jr or another rematch with Juan Manuel Marquez. He is back on Manila television after his game show titled Manny Many Prizes ended.
From hosting a game show, Pacquiao will try a new genre, hosting a self-help-talk-drama show titled Para sa 'Yo Ang Laban Na To (This Fight is for You). The show airs its pilot episode on Sunday, Feb 10, with the champ himself confessing his marital infidelities.
The show tackles viewers' problems which Pacquiao and his co-host, Filipina actress Jean Garcia, will attempt to fix and give the parties involved more enlightenment. The pilot episode was taped on Feb 4 with extramarital affairs as the topic.
Manny could very well be an expert on the subject having had his share of dalliances with young starlets before his recent Christian conversion.
"There were two couples who were here and I could relate to the story of their lives . . . because it was my own story as well," the Philippine Entertainment Portal quoted Pacquiao who spoke in Filipino.
When his co-host asked him when he decided to stop inflicting pain on his wife Jinkee because of his womanizing, Pacquiao recalled that he asked his wife's forgiveness several times and promised to mend his way.
"But I always failed because there are a lot of temptations that surrounded me. Whatever I wanted, I could easily get it," he said in Filipino.
However, after he embraced Christianity, Manny found strength in God.
"So I told her, Babe (that's how I call my wife), this time I won't make promises to you, but I will promise to God because I have surrendered my life to him," the champ said.
He assured his co-host that the other women in his life are gone, and only four females matter most in his life. These are his wife Jinkee
Mother Dionesia, who disagrees with Manny's change of religion
And two daughters, Princess and Queen Elizabeth
The title of his new show actually came from a song that Pacquiao made. Here is the MTV of the song.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet