Manny Pacquiao Stars in New Self-Help-Talk-Drama Show (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 5, 2013 10:15 AM EST
Eight-division boxing title holder Manny Pacquiao is back - not on the ring for a bout with Floyd Mayweather Jr or another rematch with Juan Manuel Marquez. He is back on Manila television after his game show titled Manny Many Prizes ended.
From hosting a game show, Pacquiao will try a new genre, hosting a self-help-talk-drama show titled Para sa 'Yo Ang Laban Na To (This Fight is for You). The show airs its pilot episode on Sunday, Feb 10, with the champ himself confessing his marital infidelities.
The show tackles viewers' problems which Pacquiao and his co-host, Filipina actress Jean Garcia, will attempt to fix and give the parties involved more enlightenment. The pilot episode was taped on Feb 4 with extramarital affairs as the topic.
Manny could very well be an expert on the subject having had his share of dalliances with young starlets before his recent Christian conversion.
"There were two couples who were here and I could relate to the story of their lives . . . because it was my own story as well," the Philippine Entertainment Portal quoted Pacquiao who spoke in Filipino.
When his co-host asked him when he decided to stop inflicting pain on his wife Jinkee because of his womanizing, Pacquiao recalled that he asked his wife's forgiveness several times and promised to mend his way.
"But I always failed because there are a lot of temptations that surrounded me. Whatever I wanted, I could easily get it," he said in Filipino.
However, after he embraced Christianity, Manny found strength in God.
"So I told her, Babe (that's how I call my wife), this time I won't make promises to you, but I will promise to God because I have surrendered my life to him," the champ said.
He assured his co-host that the other women in his life are gone, and only four females matter most in his life. These are his wife Jinkee
Mother Dionesia, who disagrees with Manny's change of religion
And two daughters, Princess and Queen Elizabeth
The title of his new show actually came from a song that Pacquiao made. Here is the MTV of the song.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics Schedule & Results
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6