IBM Gets Social With McDonald’s
By Mark Knapp | February 5, 2013 5:34 AM EST
It’s an odd mix — and fast food — but IBM (. Instead it will offer internal networks for the company, allowing employees to communicate and arrange business matters.
While McDonald’s may be IBM’s highest-profile client for the , it won’t be implemented everywhere. This recent deal will only see the service set up in McDonald’s South Africa division — at least, for now.
The service will reach some 8,000 McDonald’s employees in South Africa, which still makes it a significant deal for both companies, but doesn’t compare to the enormity of a deal that would implement the service in the U.S.
arrangement with McDonald’s does serve as a stepping stone for bigger and bigger clients. If all goes well in South Africa, McDonald’s may even consider implementing the service on a larger scale. So, the opportunity for IBM seems great, and could put it one step closer to reaching the $16 billion the company said it would make from business analytics by 2015.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- New Zealand Economy Benefits From Australia's Big Investments; Kiwi Down After RNBZ Comments
- ETF Outlook for Thursday, January 2 (FEZ, FXI, SPY, XHB)
- January Second Trading: Always Interesting
- 13 Things Investors Learned In 2013 - Part II
- Are Diversity and Quality the Way to Profit from the Rebound in Gold and Coal?
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports