IBM Gets Social With McDonald’s
By Mark Knapp | February 5, 2013 5:34 AM EST
It’s an odd mix — and fast food — but IBM (. Instead it will offer internal networks for the company, allowing employees to communicate and arrange business matters.
While McDonald’s may be IBM’s highest-profile client for the , it won’t be implemented everywhere. This recent deal will only see the service set up in McDonald’s South Africa division — at least, for now.
The service will reach some 8,000 McDonald’s employees in South Africa, which still makes it a significant deal for both companies, but doesn’t compare to the enormity of a deal that would implement the service in the U.S.
arrangement with McDonald’s does serve as a stepping stone for bigger and bigger clients. If all goes well in South Africa, McDonald’s may even consider implementing the service on a larger scale. So, the opportunity for IBM seems great, and could put it one step closer to reaching the $16 billion the company said it would make from business analytics by 2015.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown