Wall Street extends losses as S&P falls 1 percent
February 5, 2013 4:14 AM EST
Stocks added to losses, with the S&P falling 1 percent on Monday as the market retreated from recent gains and data on factory orders fell short of expectations.
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> dropped 134.39 points, or 0.96 percent, to 13,875.40. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> lost 15.16 points, or 1.00 percent, to 1,498.01. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> fell 39.32 points, or 1.24 percent, to 3,139.77.
(Reporting by Chuck Mikolajczak; Editing by Kenneth Barry)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy