Wall Street opens lower after recent gains
February 5, 2013 1:42 AM EST
U.S. stocks opened lower on Monday, dipping after a recent rally that took the S&P 500 to a five-year high and the Dow to 14,000 for the first time since October 2007.
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> was down 58.67 points, or 0.42 percent, at 13,951.12. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> was down 6.84 points, or 0.45 percent, at 1,506.33. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> was down 18.33 points, or 0.58 percent, at 3,160.77.
(Reporting by Ryan Vlastelica; Editing by Kenneth Barry)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy