Essex ‘G-Shot’ Injection to Give Multiple Orgasms ‘Could Cause Catastrophic Damage’
By Hannah Osborne | February 5, 2013 12:51 AM EST
An Essex clinic is offering women the opportunity to have multiple orgasms by injecting filler into the wall of their vaginas.
The 'G-shot' procedure, offered by the Glancey Medical Associates, claims to increase the size of the G-spot to enhance sensitivity in the area.
However, the non-surgical procedure has been lambasted by experts, with consultant plastic surgeon Paul Banwell, a member of the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, saying the dangers of the G-shot are unknown.
He told the Daily Mail that he does not support the procedure because of the potential risks and because the theory behind it is unproven.
"You cannot increase the size of the spot simply by putting filler into the flesh there," he said.
"It's a myth and it doesn't even make sense. We also know that when you stretch flesh or skin it normally becomes less sensitive, even numb."
The procedure is offered by Dr Lucy Glancey, medical director of Glancey Medical Associates, who has been performing G-shots for a number of years.
She heard about it at a medical conference where David Matlock presented his G-shot invention. Glancey then went about developing her own technique.
Banwell said he is concerned because women are advised to have the injection every six months: "There are unknown dangers in injecting a synthetic material, albeit one that mimics something found in human bodies, into a very sensitive part of the female anatomy," he told the Mail.
Risks include bleeding, embolism and UTI
"We don't know what the long-term risks and complications may be. If there are repeated injections into one small area, the effects may include scarring, alterations in libido and less sensitivity.
"We know from injecting facial fillers that even the act of injecting an area can cause scarring under the surface, which produces lumps and bumps under the skin. I think this has the potential to be catastrophic."
Research suggests up to three-quarters of women never orgasm from having sex alone. Over one in ten cannot climax under any circumstances.
Explaining the procedure, Glancey said that by increasing the size of the G-spot, the likelihood of it being stimulated during sex increases: "It takes 10-15 minutes and is relatively painless," she said.
One woman who had undergone the G-shot said: "I now know where my G-spot is, and my partner can find it easily. I'm also much more likely to orgasm."
Despite testimonials, there are a number of known risks associated with the G-shot. These include bleeding, infection, sexual dysfunction and urinary tract infection.
Other medical complications are pelvic pains, nerve damage, blood in urine, embolism and need of subsequent surgery or hospitalisation as a result of complications.
Psychological effects include relationship problems, psychological changes and depression.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Australia's Luckiest Koala: Hit by a Car and Hung On To It From Maryborough to Gympie
- UK Converts Coal Plants Into Solar Cell Farms
- New Technology to Build Invisible Material Using Light: Study Says
- Health Experts Plead Action to Prevent Skin Cancer Epidemic in New Zealand
- A Wild Ride, Orbital Sex Mission: Satellite Carrying Russian Geckos Regains Control After Losing Contact
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]