The Eggs Files: United States UFO Report of Giant Flying Egg
By Dominic Gover | February 5, 2013 12:36 AM EST
Eggs are wonderfully versatile things, but a giant one with moving lights flying in the air really is eggs-ordinary.
UFO spotters have claimed they saw a massive egg floating over San Diego in California. The base of the object was lit with bright orange lights, they said.
Mufon, the Mutual UFO Network, reported the mystery object as a "black, solid egg shape with orange lights on the bottom". Ominously, it began moving towards the spotter after it was spied hovering above ground, the report claimed.
"Molten fire" was reportedly falling from the craft. This might have been a sign the UFO was in trouble, or it could have been egg white dripping from a crack in the giant shell and then glowing in the orange light.
The spotter, who was not identified, recounted his close encounter: "First saw [the unidentified flying object] coming from the west, it looked like a fiery object floating in the sky. Then as it moved east it stopped and hovered for a few seconds, then it started coming towards me for about 10 seconds, then it stopped and hovered as if it knew I was looking at it."
No images of the giant egg in the air were captured by the witness who said he was worried he would lose sight of the mystery object if he went looking for a camera.
"Then it started to slowly move to the east again," he report continued. "I ran inside and grabbed my mom and my uncle. We all watched it float away before it just vanished somewhere over college. I got a really good look at it through my binoculars for about one minute. No sound. Hovered, then moved, changing directions.
"Looked like molten fire was dripping off it as it flew slowly by. I didn't want to run and grab my camera in fear that it would go away."
The sighting of the egg UFO happened in November but Mufon has only just published the report.
So is it now time to scramble defence forces to crack the mystery of an impending alien invasion? Or would that be putting all our eggs in one basket? Perhaps there are some egg-stenuating circumstances behind the sighting.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Top 5 Halloween 2014 Costume Ideas For Teen Boys
- ISIS Parades 30 Sunni Tribesmen Before Shooting Them Dead In Iraqi Town
- Video Showing Woman Getting Sexually Harassed on New York Streets Goes Viral
- Early Heat Wave Breaks Records In Australia; Lighting Storms Spark Bushfires In Queensland [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family