The Eggs Files: United States UFO Report of Giant Flying Egg
By Dominic Gover | February 5, 2013 12:36 AM EST
Eggs are wonderfully versatile things, but a giant one with moving lights flying in the air really is eggs-ordinary.
UFO spotters have claimed they saw a massive egg floating over San Diego in California. The base of the object was lit with bright orange lights, they said.
Mufon, the Mutual UFO Network, reported the mystery object as a "black, solid egg shape with orange lights on the bottom". Ominously, it began moving towards the spotter after it was spied hovering above ground, the report claimed.
"Molten fire" was reportedly falling from the craft. This might have been a sign the UFO was in trouble, or it could have been egg white dripping from a crack in the giant shell and then glowing in the orange light.
The spotter, who was not identified, recounted his close encounter: "First saw [the unidentified flying object] coming from the west, it looked like a fiery object floating in the sky. Then as it moved east it stopped and hovered for a few seconds, then it started coming towards me for about 10 seconds, then it stopped and hovered as if it knew I was looking at it."
No images of the giant egg in the air were captured by the witness who said he was worried he would lose sight of the mystery object if he went looking for a camera.
"Then it started to slowly move to the east again," he report continued. "I ran inside and grabbed my mom and my uncle. We all watched it float away before it just vanished somewhere over college. I got a really good look at it through my binoculars for about one minute. No sound. Hovered, then moved, changing directions.
"Looked like molten fire was dripping off it as it flew slowly by. I didn't want to run and grab my camera in fear that it would go away."
The sighting of the egg UFO happened in November but Mufon has only just published the report.
So is it now time to scramble defence forces to crack the mystery of an impending alien invasion? Or would that be putting all our eggs in one basket? Perhaps there are some egg-stenuating circumstances behind the sighting.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Sickness: Prince Harry Cancels His 30th Birthday Party, Opts For Simple Gathering
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- ISIS Murder Videos 'Turning On' Foreign Jihadists To Fight US and Britain [VIDEO]
- Rare Blue Flawless Diamond, Costing $25.6 Million, Is The Newest Attraction At The Natural History Museum
- Auckland Gay Men Warned of Having Sex in Bushes of Public Park
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up