Citi names de Vecchi European Investment Banking Chairman
By Anjuli Davies | February 4, 2013 11:00 PM EST
De Vecchi, who was previously global co-head of investment banking at Credit Suisse
"Continental Europe remains one of our largest growth opportunities and we look forward to leveraging Luigi's deal experience and relationships across the region," Raymond J. McGuire, global head of corporate and investment banking at Citi said in the statement.
The senior hire follows the U.S. bank's latest restructuring plan announced under new chief executive Mike Corbat who took over in October.
He unveiled a $1.1 billion expense reduction plan in Dec including the elimination of 11,000 jobs or 4 percent of the workforce in a bid to deliver more value to shareholders.
Corbat said Citi's various businesses were combating competitive and regulatory problems, as well as issues dating to the financial crisis that continue to plague the bank.
Whilst cutting back on headcount, the U.S. bank is also hoping to streamline its operations to gain greater market share in designated core markets and sectors.
Citi ranked fifth globally for investing banking fees in 2012 but slipped to eight place in the Europe, Middle East and Africa region, according to data from Thomson Reuters.
(Reporting By Anjuli Davies; Editing by David Cowell)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans