Vin Diesel, Johnny Depp and Star Trek in Movie Trailers during Super Bowl [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 4, 2013 9:58 PM EST
The first to race out of the blocks was Fast and Furious 6 and it looked like a typical film of that franchise, with high octane chases, bikini-clad women and fast cars. The best action comes in the final seconds of the promo when a car bursts out of a crashing airplane. If that is not enough for racing aficionados, the Ferrari FFX, Subarus and Alfa Romeos also make an appearance to whet their appetite.
This Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson-starring film will release on 24 May.
[Video courtesy: TheNACHOOMANN]
The trailor for Robert Downey Jr's latest adventures as Tony Star aka Iron Man is one of daring mid-air rescues. The 31-second spot begins with 13 passengers on Air Force 1 plummeting to their deaths... the catch - he can save only one person. The trailer ends on a suspense-filled note, with Downey exclaiming "Oh Boy!", signifying that this film is going to be thematically darker and that the suave Iron Man will require all his wit and power to get out of jail this time. Iron Man 3 will kick off the summer movie season on 3 May.
[Video courtesy: joblomovienetwork]
The Lone Ranger is perhaps Disney's biggest film of the summer and it is pinning all its hopes on Johnny Depp to recreate the success of the Pirates of the Caribbean series. The film's official summary states: "Native American spirit warrior Tonto (Johnny Depp) recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Armie Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice-taking the audience on a runaway train of epic surprises and humorous friction as the two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption."
The film will be releasing on 3 July.
[Video courtesy: joblomovienetwork]
JJ Abrams' second venture with the Star Trek franchise (Star Trek Into Darkness) kept Trekker fans guessing about the identity of the new villain in the film, played by British actor Benedict Cumberbatch. The minute-long preview promised to shed identity on the new villain with Chris Pine's Captain Kirk asking the villain: "Who are you?" All that we know of the new villain is that his mere presence causes anarchical destruction. The trailer also shows a damaged USS Enterprise crash into the harbor outside the Federation's San Francisco headquarters.
The Hollywood Reporter reports Imax has agreed to release the film in 3D from 15 May, which is two days earlier than the film's worldwide. Imax has said they have started selling tickets for the premiere of Star Trek's latest installment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown