Vin Diesel, Johnny Depp and Star Trek in Movie Trailers during Super Bowl [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 4, 2013 9:58 PM EST
The first to race out of the blocks was Fast and Furious 6 and it looked like a typical film of that franchise, with high octane chases, bikini-clad women and fast cars. The best action comes in the final seconds of the promo when a car bursts out of a crashing airplane. If that is not enough for racing aficionados, the Ferrari FFX, Subarus and Alfa Romeos also make an appearance to whet their appetite.
This Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson-starring film will release on 24 May.
[Video courtesy: TheNACHOOMANN]
The trailor for Robert Downey Jr's latest adventures as Tony Star aka Iron Man is one of daring mid-air rescues. The 31-second spot begins with 13 passengers on Air Force 1 plummeting to their deaths... the catch - he can save only one person. The trailer ends on a suspense-filled note, with Downey exclaiming "Oh Boy!", signifying that this film is going to be thematically darker and that the suave Iron Man will require all his wit and power to get out of jail this time. Iron Man 3 will kick off the summer movie season on 3 May.
[Video courtesy: joblomovienetwork]
The Lone Ranger is perhaps Disney's biggest film of the summer and it is pinning all its hopes on Johnny Depp to recreate the success of the Pirates of the Caribbean series. The film's official summary states: "Native American spirit warrior Tonto (Johnny Depp) recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Armie Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice-taking the audience on a runaway train of epic surprises and humorous friction as the two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption."
The film will be releasing on 3 July.
[Video courtesy: joblomovienetwork]
JJ Abrams' second venture with the Star Trek franchise (Star Trek Into Darkness) kept Trekker fans guessing about the identity of the new villain in the film, played by British actor Benedict Cumberbatch. The minute-long preview promised to shed identity on the new villain with Chris Pine's Captain Kirk asking the villain: "Who are you?" All that we know of the new villain is that his mere presence causes anarchical destruction. The trailer also shows a damaged USS Enterprise crash into the harbor outside the Federation's San Francisco headquarters.
The Hollywood Reporter reports Imax has agreed to release the film in 3D from 15 May, which is two days earlier than the film's worldwide. Imax has said they have started selling tickets for the premiere of Star Trek's latest installment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date