Vin Diesel, Johnny Depp and Star Trek in Movie Trailers during Super Bowl [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 4, 2013 9:58 PM EST
The first to race out of the blocks was Fast and Furious 6 and it looked like a typical film of that franchise, with high octane chases, bikini-clad women and fast cars. The best action comes in the final seconds of the promo when a car bursts out of a crashing airplane. If that is not enough for racing aficionados, the Ferrari FFX, Subarus and Alfa Romeos also make an appearance to whet their appetite.
This Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson-starring film will release on 24 May.
[Video courtesy: TheNACHOOMANN]
The trailor for Robert Downey Jr's latest adventures as Tony Star aka Iron Man is one of daring mid-air rescues. The 31-second spot begins with 13 passengers on Air Force 1 plummeting to their deaths... the catch - he can save only one person. The trailer ends on a suspense-filled note, with Downey exclaiming "Oh Boy!", signifying that this film is going to be thematically darker and that the suave Iron Man will require all his wit and power to get out of jail this time. Iron Man 3 will kick off the summer movie season on 3 May.
[Video courtesy: joblomovienetwork]
The Lone Ranger is perhaps Disney's biggest film of the summer and it is pinning all its hopes on Johnny Depp to recreate the success of the Pirates of the Caribbean series. The film's official summary states: "Native American spirit warrior Tonto (Johnny Depp) recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Armie Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice-taking the audience on a runaway train of epic surprises and humorous friction as the two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption."
The film will be releasing on 3 July.
[Video courtesy: joblomovienetwork]
JJ Abrams' second venture with the Star Trek franchise (Star Trek Into Darkness) kept Trekker fans guessing about the identity of the new villain in the film, played by British actor Benedict Cumberbatch. The minute-long preview promised to shed identity on the new villain with Chris Pine's Captain Kirk asking the villain: "Who are you?" All that we know of the new villain is that his mere presence causes anarchical destruction. The trailer also shows a damaged USS Enterprise crash into the harbor outside the Federation's San Francisco headquarters.
The Hollywood Reporter reports Imax has agreed to release the film in 3D from 15 May, which is two days earlier than the film's worldwide. Imax has said they have started selling tickets for the premiere of Star Trek's latest installment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2