Pimlico Stabbing: Police Seek Taxi Driver for Hani Hicham Abou El Kheir Murder Investigation
By Ewan Palmer | February 4, 2013 8:45 PM EST
Police investigating the fatal stabbing of a teenager in Pimlico are seeking a taxi driver who picked up three people wanted in connection with the murder.
Hani Hicham Abou El Kheir died after he was stabbed "multiple times" by a gang of teenagers in Lupus Street, Pimlico on 27 January. He was taken to a south London hospital but later died of his injuries.
Police now say three suspects got into a taxi in the vicinity of Husdon Place, near Victoria station, just before 7:00pm.
Police describe a silver London taxi, possibly a T2 or T4 model, with colour coded bumpers and black trim around the door and bumper.
On 2 February, four men were arrested on suspicion of murder. The suspects, aged 16, 17, 18 and 19, all remain in custody.
A 48-year-old man and three woman aged 16, 17 and 47 were also arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender and later released on bail. A 20-year-old man arrested on 31 January was subsequently bailed to return in late March.
Det chief insp Neil Attewell, of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command [HSCC], said: "Just over a week on from the murder of Hani Hicham Abou El Kheir the investigation team is working tirelessly to identify not only those we believe to be responsible for Hani's death but any potential witnesses who will be able to assist us with our investigation.
"We are exploring numerous lines of enquires, with this latest development being one of them. I am appealing to the driver of the silver taxi seen in Hudson Place at 18:59 on that Sunday to come forward.
"Are you that taxi driver? Where did you drop the passengers off and did they discuss anything of significance whilst in the taxi?
"I am also seeking the assistance of the wider taxi community. With a taxi rank close by there would have been other drivers who may have witnessed the suspects getting into the silver taxi.
"Did you see one of your colleagues pick up three people around this time or do you recognise the taxi?
"Despite it being a Sunday evening, the area around Victoria Station was fairly busy and a number of people would have seen the three people getting into the taxi before it made its way towards Wilton Road. If you saw anything please do come forward and help us with our enquiries."
Any witnesses or anyone with any information should contact the incident room on 0208 345 3715 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 if you wish to remain anonymous.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where to Watch Delta Aquarids July 28-29 Peak Online, NASA Cameras Spotted Start of Perseid Meteor Shower
- Viral Wedding Photo: Amy Hicks Reveals True Story behind Viral Photo that Created Trending Hashtag on Twitter #westillcoming
- New Zealand-Born IDF Soldier Killed in Gaza Attack Amid Ceasefire Promises
- Volunteer Teen Rapes Orphans during Mission Trip
- Six-Year-Old Canada girl Dies after Hit by Sedan in Crowded Store
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6