Pimlico Stabbing: Police Seek Taxi Driver for Hani Hicham Abou El Kheir Murder Investigation
By Ewan Palmer | February 4, 2013 8:45 PM EST
Police investigating the fatal stabbing of a teenager in Pimlico are seeking a taxi driver who picked up three people wanted in connection with the murder.
Hani Hicham Abou El Kheir died after he was stabbed "multiple times" by a gang of teenagers in Lupus Street, Pimlico on 27 January. He was taken to a south London hospital but later died of his injuries.
Police now say three suspects got into a taxi in the vicinity of Husdon Place, near Victoria station, just before 7:00pm.
Police describe a silver London taxi, possibly a T2 or T4 model, with colour coded bumpers and black trim around the door and bumper.
On 2 February, four men were arrested on suspicion of murder. The suspects, aged 16, 17, 18 and 19, all remain in custody.
A 48-year-old man and three woman aged 16, 17 and 47 were also arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender and later released on bail. A 20-year-old man arrested on 31 January was subsequently bailed to return in late March.
Det chief insp Neil Attewell, of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command [HSCC], said: "Just over a week on from the murder of Hani Hicham Abou El Kheir the investigation team is working tirelessly to identify not only those we believe to be responsible for Hani's death but any potential witnesses who will be able to assist us with our investigation.
"We are exploring numerous lines of enquires, with this latest development being one of them. I am appealing to the driver of the silver taxi seen in Hudson Place at 18:59 on that Sunday to come forward.
"Are you that taxi driver? Where did you drop the passengers off and did they discuss anything of significance whilst in the taxi?
"I am also seeking the assistance of the wider taxi community. With a taxi rank close by there would have been other drivers who may have witnessed the suspects getting into the silver taxi.
"Did you see one of your colleagues pick up three people around this time or do you recognise the taxi?
"Despite it being a Sunday evening, the area around Victoria Station was fairly busy and a number of people would have seen the three people getting into the taxi before it made its way towards Wilton Road. If you saw anything please do come forward and help us with our enquiries."
Any witnesses or anyone with any information should contact the incident room on 0208 345 3715 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 if you wish to remain anonymous.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- UFO Falling 'Angel Hair' Strands Spotted By Portugal Residents [VIDEO]
- US Police Release Video Of Officers Shooting 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice
- US Toddler, 3, Shoots Mother To Death With 9mm Handgun
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Has 'Uncanny Ability,' Described As 'Posh' During Public Appearances
- NSW Girl, 12, Takes Wheel of Mazda MX5 & Saves Lives After Father Suffers Heart Attack
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast