BlackBerry's Super Bowl Teases BB Z10 With Bizarre Features
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 4, 2013 8:23 PM EST
According to market watchers, the newly-released ad neither conveys the purpose of the Z10 smartphone nor its functional capabilities. Instead, the creativity behind this particular ad focused more on what the phone 'cannot' do.
BlackBerry conceives the ad as an effective strategy to introduce a product into the market and let know the world that the one-time gamester is back in the fray. BlackBerry chief marketing officer Frank Boulben cleared the air saying, "In our debut appearance at the Super Bowl we knew that it wasn't feasible to communicate the rich experience of BlackBerry 10. We decided to use the light hearted spirit of Super Bowl ads to showcase what BlackBerry 10 can't do. We wanted to let people know that BlackBerry is back and that BlackBerry 10 is worth checking out," as quoted by technology website TechCrunch.
The ad with its tagline, "In 30 seconds, it's quicker to show you what it can't do", was inspired by comic book characters Fantastic Four. The video showed a guy bursting into flames, growing elephant legs, blowing up in smoke and transforming an out-of-control truck into hundreds of rubber ducks while using his BlackBerry Z10.
According to the Globe and Mail, Boulben said "We wanted to do it in a bit of a disruptive manner, breaking the conventions of the category, and instead of showcasing the device, to do the opposite and show what the device cannot do and encourage customers to go and check out the device online."
Watch the Super Bowl Ad here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown