David Minto Appears in Blackpool Court Charged with Sasha Marsden Murder
By Hannah Osborne | February 4, 2013 7:46 PM EST
A 22-year-old man has been charged with the murder of Sasha Marsden, the teenager who was stabbed to death in an ally in Blackpool and set on fire last week.
David Minto, 22, has been charged with Marsden's murder and will appear before Blackpool magistrates' court today.
A 22-year-old woman was also being questioned by police, but was released without charge.
Sasha, 16, died from stab wounds to the head and face. She was found dead on 31 January in the South Shore area of the town.
Following her death, her family paid tributes to the college student.
Her parents, Jayne, 45, and Gary, 40, said: "No words can express how we feel. Our beautiful daughter has been taken from us. She was a loving daughter, sister, granddaughter, great granddaughter, auntie, niece, cousin and girlfriend.
"She was very much loved and her loss has left a huge gap in all our lives, a gap that can never be filled.
"Sasha was your typical teenager, a fun loving girl who enjoyed spending time with her friends and boyfriend, with her parents being last on the list unless she wanted something or needed a lift somewhere.
"We would ask that we be left alone in private to allow us to come to terms with losing our beautiful precious daughter."
Her brother Mark Brett, 24, said: "She was my little sister and I was so proud of her going to college to do her child care course. She will be missed by all her family and friends."
Sister Katie Brett, 21, added: "She is a gorgeous little lady and knows how to make an impression and when you meet her, you would never forget her.
"She was an expert wind up merchant and although you might be annoyed with her, you couldn't stay mad with her for long."
Elder sister Gemma Aitchison, 26, described Sasha as "cheeky, friendly and stubborn", as well as "a beautiful sister and a wonderful and caring Aunty".
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS