Google Is The Most Influential Brand In Canada: Study
By Vijaykumar Meti | February 4, 2013 5:33 PM EST
Google has been ranked as the most influential brand in Canada, says a recent study by Canada's market intelligence leader - Ipsos Reid and The Institute of Communication Agencies (ICA).
Over 5,000 Canadians took part in an online survey and was conducted between October 25 and November 6, 2012.
According to the study, Google is perceived as a leading edge brand which has changed forever the consumer landscape. "Brands have meaning, personality, and attitude. And because people so often identify with, relate to, and define themselves by them, brands have influence," said Steve Levy, president, Ipsos Reid East.
"For a brand to succeed, it has to reach its audience, connect with them, and get them to buy into the brand's promise. But for a brand to have real influence it needs to win on the crucial dimensions we identified -- trustworthiness, engagement, leading edge, presence, and corporate citizenship. Google is this year's leading example -- not only in Canada but on the world stage," he added.
"The ICA is delighted to collaborate with Ipsos Reid to offer the Most Influential Brands study as critically important content during FFWD Advertising and Marketing Week 2013," said Gillian Graham, CEO, ICA.
Last year's top influencer, Microsoft has dropped to number two position this year. Apple is now ranked third (last year it was at #4), Facebook is at fourth (up by three) and Wal-Mart (no changes) and fifth.
Canada-based Tim Hortons has made the biggest jump within the top 10 brands, while the Samsung has made the largest leap from 47the position last year to eighteenth this year.
The Top 10 Most Influential Brands In Canada, According To The Study, Are:
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Of Cambridge ‘Dissed’ By Camilla Parker-Bowles; Delivery Expected In April- Reports
- 'Green Alien Eggs' Spotted on Sydney's Dee Why Beach
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde Attends Father’s Funeral Without Handcuffs, Brother Thanks TPB Founder’s Supporters on Facebook
- Drag Queens Fume That Facebook Is Banning Aliases And Threaten to Drop Out Of It
- Robin Williams Confessed To Loving Billy Connolly Like A Brother In A Final Goodbye Call
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?