Google Is The Most Influential Brand In Canada: Study
By Vijaykumar Meti | February 4, 2013 5:33 PM EST
Google has been ranked as the most influential brand in Canada, says a recent study by Canada's market intelligence leader - Ipsos Reid and The Institute of Communication Agencies (ICA).
Over 5,000 Canadians took part in an online survey and was conducted between October 25 and November 6, 2012.
According to the study, Google is perceived as a leading edge brand which has changed forever the consumer landscape. "Brands have meaning, personality, and attitude. And because people so often identify with, relate to, and define themselves by them, brands have influence," said Steve Levy, president, Ipsos Reid East.
"For a brand to succeed, it has to reach its audience, connect with them, and get them to buy into the brand's promise. But for a brand to have real influence it needs to win on the crucial dimensions we identified -- trustworthiness, engagement, leading edge, presence, and corporate citizenship. Google is this year's leading example -- not only in Canada but on the world stage," he added.
"The ICA is delighted to collaborate with Ipsos Reid to offer the Most Influential Brands study as critically important content during FFWD Advertising and Marketing Week 2013," said Gillian Graham, CEO, ICA.
Last year's top influencer, Microsoft has dropped to number two position this year. Apple is now ranked third (last year it was at #4), Facebook is at fourth (up by three) and Wal-Mart (no changes) and fifth.
Canada-based Tim Hortons has made the biggest jump within the top 10 brands, while the Samsung has made the largest leap from 47the position last year to eighteenth this year.
The Top 10 Most Influential Brands In Canada, According To The Study, Are:
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Former Malaysian Envoy Denies Assault Charges in New Zealand, Elects Trial By Jury
- ISIS War to Last For 4 Years; US Military Shows Videos of Airstrikes Hitting Militant Base [VIDEO]
- Ebola Stock Companies Suspended From Trading For Unverifiable Claims
- Australia Joins Global Effort to Stop Russian Website From Illegally Streaming Web Cam Feeds
- Baby Gammy Will Be Australian Citizen Soon
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide