Google Is The Most Influential Brand In Canada: Study
By Vijaykumar Meti | February 4, 2013 5:33 PM EST
Google has been ranked as the most influential brand in Canada, says a recent study by Canada's market intelligence leader - Ipsos Reid and The Institute of Communication Agencies (ICA).
Over 5,000 Canadians took part in an online survey and was conducted between October 25 and November 6, 2012.
According to the study, Google is perceived as a leading edge brand which has changed forever the consumer landscape. "Brands have meaning, personality, and attitude. And because people so often identify with, relate to, and define themselves by them, brands have influence," said Steve Levy, president, Ipsos Reid East.
"For a brand to succeed, it has to reach its audience, connect with them, and get them to buy into the brand's promise. But for a brand to have real influence it needs to win on the crucial dimensions we identified -- trustworthiness, engagement, leading edge, presence, and corporate citizenship. Google is this year's leading example -- not only in Canada but on the world stage," he added.
"The ICA is delighted to collaborate with Ipsos Reid to offer the Most Influential Brands study as critically important content during FFWD Advertising and Marketing Week 2013," said Gillian Graham, CEO, ICA.
Last year's top influencer, Microsoft has dropped to number two position this year. Apple is now ranked third (last year it was at #4), Facebook is at fourth (up by three) and Wal-Mart (no changes) and fifth.
Canada-based Tim Hortons has made the biggest jump within the top 10 brands, while the Samsung has made the largest leap from 47the position last year to eighteenth this year.
The Top 10 Most Influential Brands In Canada, According To The Study, Are:
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- UFO Sightings: Mysterious Bright Lights Spotted Flashing over Toronto, Witnesses Share UFO Sighting Experience on Social Media [VIDEO]
- 'Watch the MH17 Plane Missile Hit Video Tape in Mobile' Goes Viral on Facebook
- Australia Ranks High in Human Development Index But Scores Low in Climate Change
- UN Vows to Bring MH17 Crash Perpetrators to Justice; Downing of Plane a 'War Crime'
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report