Google Is The Most Influential Brand In Canada: Study
By Vijaykumar Meti | February 4, 2013 5:33 PM EST
Google has been ranked as the most influential brand in Canada, says a recent study by Canada's market intelligence leader - Ipsos Reid and The Institute of Communication Agencies (ICA).
Over 5,000 Canadians took part in an online survey and was conducted between October 25 and November 6, 2012.
According to the study, Google is perceived as a leading edge brand which has changed forever the consumer landscape. "Brands have meaning, personality, and attitude. And because people so often identify with, relate to, and define themselves by them, brands have influence," said Steve Levy, president, Ipsos Reid East.
"For a brand to succeed, it has to reach its audience, connect with them, and get them to buy into the brand's promise. But for a brand to have real influence it needs to win on the crucial dimensions we identified -- trustworthiness, engagement, leading edge, presence, and corporate citizenship. Google is this year's leading example -- not only in Canada but on the world stage," he added.
"The ICA is delighted to collaborate with Ipsos Reid to offer the Most Influential Brands study as critically important content during FFWD Advertising and Marketing Week 2013," said Gillian Graham, CEO, ICA.
Last year's top influencer, Microsoft has dropped to number two position this year. Apple is now ranked third (last year it was at #4), Facebook is at fourth (up by three) and Wal-Mart (no changes) and fifth.
Canada-based Tim Hortons has made the biggest jump within the top 10 brands, while the Samsung has made the largest leap from 47the position last year to eighteenth this year.
The Top 10 Most Influential Brands In Canada, According To The Study, Are:
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Top 5 Halloween 2014 Costume Ideas For Teen Boys
- Father Spots A Bald Patch On The Lawn Outside His Girls' Bedroom And Gets Shocked At The Reason
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles