Google Is The Most Influential Brand In Canada: Study
By Vijaykumar Meti | February 4, 2013 5:33 PM EST
Google has been ranked as the most influential brand in Canada, says a recent study by Canada's market intelligence leader - Ipsos Reid and The Institute of Communication Agencies (ICA).
Over 5,000 Canadians took part in an online survey and was conducted between October 25 and November 6, 2012.
According to the study, Google is perceived as a leading edge brand which has changed forever the consumer landscape. "Brands have meaning, personality, and attitude. And because people so often identify with, relate to, and define themselves by them, brands have influence," said Steve Levy, president, Ipsos Reid East.
"For a brand to succeed, it has to reach its audience, connect with them, and get them to buy into the brand's promise. But for a brand to have real influence it needs to win on the crucial dimensions we identified -- trustworthiness, engagement, leading edge, presence, and corporate citizenship. Google is this year's leading example -- not only in Canada but on the world stage," he added.
"The ICA is delighted to collaborate with Ipsos Reid to offer the Most Influential Brands study as critically important content during FFWD Advertising and Marketing Week 2013," said Gillian Graham, CEO, ICA.
Last year's top influencer, Microsoft has dropped to number two position this year. Apple is now ranked third (last year it was at #4), Facebook is at fourth (up by three) and Wal-Mart (no changes) and fifth.
Canada-based Tim Hortons has made the biggest jump within the top 10 brands, while the Samsung has made the largest leap from 47the position last year to eighteenth this year.
The Top 10 Most Influential Brands In Canada, According To The Study, Are:
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch