After M7, HTC Preps Dual-Core M4, Entry-Level G2 for Q3 2013 Market Debut
By Erik Pineda | February 4, 2013 4:02 PM EST
Yet apart from its new flagship product, the Taiwanese firm has also lined up two supporting gizmos that will likely begin rolling out on third quarter this year, according to Unwired View.
New information provided by @evleaks, already a trusted name in terms of supplying reliable tech scoops, pointed to new HTC phones that will be known as HTC M4 and HTC G2.
The M4 is described as another premium device coming from HTC though a step lower when compared with the leaked specs attributed to the M7. This smaller M7 sibling is set to draw its power from a twin-core 1.4GHz processor made by Snapdragon, teaming up with a 2GB of RAM for a zippy computing operation.
Whereas the M7 is 1080p, the M4 is 720p and its HD rendering is viewable on a 4.3-inch screen. It has a combination of 13MP rear-camera snapper and a 1.6MP front cam, the former capable of capturing 1080p clips to be stored on a capacious 16GB internal memory.
The M4, according to Unwired View, is on Android JellyBean 4.2 working seamlessly with HTC's Sense 5.0, reportedly simplified for the latest generations of HTC handsets. Providing energy juice is a 1700mAh battery.
Meanwhile, the G2 is meant for a mass-market release, according to @evleaks, and looking at the initial specs details it is indeed designed to tussle it out with the entry-level field players, currently a dominion by Samsung's cheaper priced Galaxy smartphones.
This 3.5-inch HTC smartphone will slug around with a 1.0GHz ARM Cortex processor that will tap on a measly 512MB RAM provision, with only 4GB of built in storage though the option to expand is given to would be buyers.
HTC thought its wise to use Android Ice Cream Sandwich on the G2 but it is unclear for now if the meagre hardware features will allow for a future jump to JellyBean.
The G2's camera prowess is similar to that of the ageing Samsung Galaxy Ace at 5MP minus the front cam capability. Battery is only 1400mAh.
No word yet on when exactly the M4 and the G2 will come out but blog reports suggested that the handsets' availability should follow a few months after the purported March 8 commercial release of the M7.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble