Muhammad Ali ‘Could Die This Week’, Family Dissed Rumors Saying Ali Is Well
By Czarina Malleta | February 4, 2013 3:04 PM EST
Rahman Ali fueled rumors about Muhammad Ali's health conditions by stating that the former heavyweight champion is extremely ill and can no longer speak or recognize him.
Rahman said during his interview with The Sun that he is not sure whether his brother will last till summer.
"My brother can't speak, he doesn't recognize me. He's in a bad way. He's very sick. It could be months, it could be days. I don't know if he'll last the summer. He's in God's hands. We hope he gently passes away," he said on the publication.
"It's best he goes now. The longer he goes on, so does his suffering and misery."
Rahman added that before Muhammad got really bad, the Olympic gold winner told his brother that he already achieved what he wants to achieve in life and that he is in no pain.
Back in 1984, Muhammad Ali was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease but still remained active the years after. In 1996, he even famously lit the Olympic flame in Atlanta.
But with the strong statements released by Rahman, the rest of the family dissed the speculations and said that Ali is well. They even posted a photo of Ali posing for the camera, wearing his Ravens shirt before the Super Bowl game. Bob Gunnell, the family's spokesperson, said that Ali is back home in Phoenix watching and cheering for the Baltimore Ravens.
May May, Ali's daughter also confirmed to the Associated Press that her father is well and is in fact watching the game.
Since his disease, the boxing champion appears frail but has managed to make several public appearances over the last few months. His last public engagement was on January at the Sugar Bowl event in New Orleans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate