My Kitchen Rules’ Spice Girls Jessie Khan and Biswa Kamila Received Death Threats from Viewers
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 4, 2013 1:56 PM EST
My Kitchen Rules contestants Jessie Khan and Biswa Kamila claimed to have received death threats after they have become the topic of the show's comeback.
Viewers commented harshly on the two after dishing on fellow contestants and criticising their food choices in the Channel 7 show.
The high school friends from Sydney make no apologies for their unabashed confidence, despite critics calling them "immature" and "annoying". Thus, they have been accused of being devoid of basic manners, lacking table etiquette and hating too many foods to ever make it as professional chefs.
The pair has been heavily criticized for being picky eaters and negative comments towards their fellow contestants. Many Twitter viewers suggest that they should not be on the show if they do not like foods such as vegetables.
"We have had death threats. Someone said, 'If we see them we are going to stab them'. It feels like the whole of Australia hates us. We are just saying everything truthfully. We're not trying to lie or backstab or anything. If we say, 'We don't like this', we don't personally mean I don't like you, we mean we just don't like your food. How hard is it to distinguish between those two? It's a competition, it's never a personal attack, " Kamila said.
Viewers said that the two joined the show only for the fame, which Kamila denied.
"For us, it was all about cooking the best food. We didn't even care about the money ... when Manu and Pete said, 'There's $250,000 involved', we were like, 'Really? We had better get to it.' We just wanted to cook," she said.
The pair endured vicious online comments with the aid of their boyfriends. Their boyfriends defended the pair, saying their cooking is fantastic.
My Kitchen Rules beat Ten's MasterChef: The Professionals in terms of ratings as over one million people watched the show.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys