My Kitchen Rules’ Spice Girls Jessie Khan and Biswa Kamila Received Death Threats from Viewers
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 4, 2013 1:56 PM EST
My Kitchen Rules contestants Jessie Khan and Biswa Kamila claimed to have received death threats after they have become the topic of the show's comeback.
Viewers commented harshly on the two after dishing on fellow contestants and criticising their food choices in the Channel 7 show.
The high school friends from Sydney make no apologies for their unabashed confidence, despite critics calling them "immature" and "annoying". Thus, they have been accused of being devoid of basic manners, lacking table etiquette and hating too many foods to ever make it as professional chefs.
The pair has been heavily criticized for being picky eaters and negative comments towards their fellow contestants. Many Twitter viewers suggest that they should not be on the show if they do not like foods such as vegetables.
"We have had death threats. Someone said, 'If we see them we are going to stab them'. It feels like the whole of Australia hates us. We are just saying everything truthfully. We're not trying to lie or backstab or anything. If we say, 'We don't like this', we don't personally mean I don't like you, we mean we just don't like your food. How hard is it to distinguish between those two? It's a competition, it's never a personal attack, " Kamila said.
Viewers said that the two joined the show only for the fame, which Kamila denied.
"For us, it was all about cooking the best food. We didn't even care about the money ... when Manu and Pete said, 'There's $250,000 involved', we were like, 'Really? We had better get to it.' We just wanted to cook," she said.
The pair endured vicious online comments with the aid of their boyfriends. Their boyfriends defended the pair, saying their cooking is fantastic.
My Kitchen Rules beat Ten's MasterChef: The Professionals in terms of ratings as over one million people watched the show.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown