iPhone 6/iPhone 5S and Cheaper iPhone to be Released Simultaneously in June?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 4, 2013 12:59 PM EST
There have been rumours that the next iPhone as well as the cheaper version of the handset will be released together in June.
There have been rumours about a low cost iPhone coming our way and these go back to early last year. Some people have said that the device will be the Apple iPhone Mini while some say that it will be the Apple iPhone Lite.
Steve Jobs said before that he wants Apple products to cannibalise their own sales as opposed to competitors doing it. However, Apple seemed to be taking a new course this year by releasing a cheaper version of iPhone. Some people thought that it may eat into the sales of the regular Apple iPad, however a survey had shown that a lot of the buyers of the Apple iPad Mini were indeed first time buyers of Apple tablets.
Apple could have the 3.5 inch screen on the cheaper model and this would make it quite clear that it was below the Apple iPhone 5 with its 4 inch display hence it could come with a price tag below $199 at launch. Apple could also make the iPhone 5S with an older processor just like they did for the iPad Mini.
It does make a lot of sense for Apple to release an Apple iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 at the same time so as to not alienate its current customers and at the same time get new ones. Android is slowly dominating the market through a wide array of low cost smartphones.
There are also rumours that claimed that Apple is considering revising its pricing strategy, especially for the iPhone, in order to compete with companies offering low-priced devices such as Samsung. The upcoming iPhone will probably cost around $300 less than its rival.
Apple executives were alarmed that the company is losing its dominance in the market. Consumers are paying attention to smartphones with affordable pricing but offers great features and performance.
Wall Street Journal reported that Apple is seriously considering releasing a low-priced iPhone to enter the market. According to the report, the specs and features will be the same but the outer body of the device will be switched to plastic instead of aluminium.
Some of the rumoured features of the next iPhone are super HD camera, massive internal storage of 128GB, Near Field Communication, a better battery and IGZO screen display.
However, the Cupertino-based company remained tight-lipped on the details of the upcoming smartphones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More