Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Sold at Half the Price as Galaxy Note 3 Release Date Nears?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 4, 2013 10:49 AM EST
The Samsung's phablet is selling like hotcakes and right now Amazon because of its pretty amazing deal. In the US, Verizon offers the device for around half the price to new account holders or those adding a line to their existing family plan. Amazon is selling the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for $189.99.
The Galaxy Note 2 is powered by a 1.6GHz Exynos 4412 quad-core processor and has a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display with resolution of 1280 x 720 and 267ppi. It also has 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage (expandable via microSD to 64GB), an 8-megapixel rear camera with 1080p video capture and 1.9-megapixel front-facing camera.
It runs on the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system, has LTE connectivity, supports NFC, has a 3100 mAh battery and users also have the advantage of the S Pen stylus. For more details or to order the Titanium Gray version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Amazon head to this product page where the phone is still currently listed as being in stock.
It is usual for devices to offer discounts especially towards the end its lifecycle. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 was release late last year so it has a long way to go.
One speculation is the upcoming release of Samsung Galaxy Note 3. This coincides with the rumour that the new phablet will be released at the annual Mobile World Congress this February 24 through 28 in Barcelona, Spain.
The upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is rumoured to have a massive 6.3 inch flexible screen display and Samsug's newest eight core processor. Samsung is significantly raising the bar for the entire mobile marketplace in general, and Samsung's smartphone competition in particular.
Samsung is rumoured to include their very own eight-core Exynos Octa processor that was debuted at CES, which is actually 2 sets of quad core processors working together. The two 4-packs intelligently alternate between performance and energy efficiency, depending on your requests and the operations you are currently running.
Samsung is also speculated to put a generous 70% increase in battery life, and at this time wireless carrier availability and pricing has not been revealed.
However, Samsung remained tight-lipped on the rumours surrounding its upcoming devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast