Barclays says its finance director Lucas to retire
February 4, 2013 5:28 AM EST
They will remain in their roles until their successors have been appointed and an appropriate handover completed. The search for replacements is underway, but the process will take "a considerable time to complete," Barclays said in a statement. Their decisions to retire was theirs alone, the bank said.
Lucas has been finance director for a tough six years that spanned the global financial crisis. He is one of four people being investigated by UK authorities regarding a capital injection by Qatar in 2008.
(Reporting by Steve Slater; Editing by Paul Sandle)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand