Former Personal Assistant Claims Lady Gaga Forced Her to Sleep with Her
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 3, 2013 11:53 PM EST
Pop star Lady Gaga's former personal assistant, Jennifer O'Neill, is suing the Mother Monster.
"I was by her side virtually 24 hours a day, seven days a week," O'Neill said, "That includes sleeping in the same bed with her. Because she did not sleep alone."
O'Neill said she felt sleeping with Lady GaGa was "required" as part of her job but did not hint at any kind of sexual relationship.
"Unlike anybody else on that tour, I did not have my own hotel room. I was not asked if I wanted my own hotel room," she said, "I had no privacy, no chance to talk to any family, no chance to talk to any friends, no chance to have sex if I wanted to have sex. There was no chance to do anything.
"She was quite irate that she couldn't reach me on my phone a couple of times, and was quite angry and asked me why she was paying for this hotel room if I was unreachable," O'Neill added.
O'Neill also recollected that once when she was getting her hair cut, the Telephone singer kept interrupting her with demands.
"She might have said I need some tea, I need - can you get my computer for me, can you get my phone, my battery is dead, I need a tampon, the toilet doesn't flush," she said.
The other duties she was made to do included changing DVDs at midnight, heating up food and hand-delivering diet food sent from California by the Sunfare meal-delivery service.
O'Neill alleges Lady Gaga failed to pay her overtime and is seeking £248,000 in damages. However, court records obtained by the New York Post show Gaga calling O'Neill a "f**king hood rat who is suing me for money that she didn't earn".
"I'm quite wonderful to everybody that works for me, and I am completely aghast to what a disgusting human being that you have become to sue me like this," Lady Gaga said, "Because she slept in Egyptian cotton sheets every night, in five-star hotels, on private planes, eating caviar, partying with [photographer] Terry Richardson all night, wearing my clothes, asking YSL [Yves Saint Laurent] to send her free shoes without my permission, using my YSL discount without my permission."
Lady Gaga has also responded to the news reports, tweeting, "Everyone's headlines need an updating. 'Former assistant' is actually 'my best friend from NY since I was 19.' Painful stuff."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans