Former Personal Assistant Claims Lady Gaga Forced Her to Sleep with Her
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 3, 2013 11:53 PM EST
Pop star Lady Gaga's former personal assistant, Jennifer O'Neill, is suing the Mother Monster.
"I was by her side virtually 24 hours a day, seven days a week," O'Neill said, "That includes sleeping in the same bed with her. Because she did not sleep alone."
O'Neill said she felt sleeping with Lady GaGa was "required" as part of her job but did not hint at any kind of sexual relationship.
"Unlike anybody else on that tour, I did not have my own hotel room. I was not asked if I wanted my own hotel room," she said, "I had no privacy, no chance to talk to any family, no chance to talk to any friends, no chance to have sex if I wanted to have sex. There was no chance to do anything.
"She was quite irate that she couldn't reach me on my phone a couple of times, and was quite angry and asked me why she was paying for this hotel room if I was unreachable," O'Neill added.
O'Neill also recollected that once when she was getting her hair cut, the Telephone singer kept interrupting her with demands.
"She might have said I need some tea, I need - can you get my computer for me, can you get my phone, my battery is dead, I need a tampon, the toilet doesn't flush," she said.
The other duties she was made to do included changing DVDs at midnight, heating up food and hand-delivering diet food sent from California by the Sunfare meal-delivery service.
O'Neill alleges Lady Gaga failed to pay her overtime and is seeking £248,000 in damages. However, court records obtained by the New York Post show Gaga calling O'Neill a "f**king hood rat who is suing me for money that she didn't earn".
"I'm quite wonderful to everybody that works for me, and I am completely aghast to what a disgusting human being that you have become to sue me like this," Lady Gaga said, "Because she slept in Egyptian cotton sheets every night, in five-star hotels, on private planes, eating caviar, partying with [photographer] Terry Richardson all night, wearing my clothes, asking YSL [Yves Saint Laurent] to send her free shoes without my permission, using my YSL discount without my permission."
Lady Gaga has also responded to the news reports, tweeting, "Everyone's headlines need an updating. 'Former assistant' is actually 'my best friend from NY since I was 19.' Painful stuff."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6