Former Personal Assistant Claims Lady Gaga Forced Her to Sleep with Her
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 3, 2013 11:53 PM EST
Pop star Lady Gaga's former personal assistant, Jennifer O'Neill, is suing the Mother Monster.
"I was by her side virtually 24 hours a day, seven days a week," O'Neill said, "That includes sleeping in the same bed with her. Because she did not sleep alone."
O'Neill said she felt sleeping with Lady GaGa was "required" as part of her job but did not hint at any kind of sexual relationship.
"Unlike anybody else on that tour, I did not have my own hotel room. I was not asked if I wanted my own hotel room," she said, "I had no privacy, no chance to talk to any family, no chance to talk to any friends, no chance to have sex if I wanted to have sex. There was no chance to do anything.
"She was quite irate that she couldn't reach me on my phone a couple of times, and was quite angry and asked me why she was paying for this hotel room if I was unreachable," O'Neill added.
O'Neill also recollected that once when she was getting her hair cut, the Telephone singer kept interrupting her with demands.
"She might have said I need some tea, I need - can you get my computer for me, can you get my phone, my battery is dead, I need a tampon, the toilet doesn't flush," she said.
The other duties she was made to do included changing DVDs at midnight, heating up food and hand-delivering diet food sent from California by the Sunfare meal-delivery service.
O'Neill alleges Lady Gaga failed to pay her overtime and is seeking £248,000 in damages. However, court records obtained by the New York Post show Gaga calling O'Neill a "f**king hood rat who is suing me for money that she didn't earn".
"I'm quite wonderful to everybody that works for me, and I am completely aghast to what a disgusting human being that you have become to sue me like this," Lady Gaga said, "Because she slept in Egyptian cotton sheets every night, in five-star hotels, on private planes, eating caviar, partying with [photographer] Terry Richardson all night, wearing my clothes, asking YSL [Yves Saint Laurent] to send her free shoes without my permission, using my YSL discount without my permission."
Lady Gaga has also responded to the news reports, tweeting, "Everyone's headlines need an updating. 'Former assistant' is actually 'my best friend from NY since I was 19.' Painful stuff."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June