Former Personal Assistant Claims Lady Gaga Forced Her to Sleep with Her
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 3, 2013 11:53 PM EST
Pop star Lady Gaga's former personal assistant, Jennifer O'Neill, is suing the Mother Monster.
"I was by her side virtually 24 hours a day, seven days a week," O'Neill said, "That includes sleeping in the same bed with her. Because she did not sleep alone."
O'Neill said she felt sleeping with Lady GaGa was "required" as part of her job but did not hint at any kind of sexual relationship.
"Unlike anybody else on that tour, I did not have my own hotel room. I was not asked if I wanted my own hotel room," she said, "I had no privacy, no chance to talk to any family, no chance to talk to any friends, no chance to have sex if I wanted to have sex. There was no chance to do anything.
"She was quite irate that she couldn't reach me on my phone a couple of times, and was quite angry and asked me why she was paying for this hotel room if I was unreachable," O'Neill added.
O'Neill also recollected that once when she was getting her hair cut, the Telephone singer kept interrupting her with demands.
"She might have said I need some tea, I need - can you get my computer for me, can you get my phone, my battery is dead, I need a tampon, the toilet doesn't flush," she said.
The other duties she was made to do included changing DVDs at midnight, heating up food and hand-delivering diet food sent from California by the Sunfare meal-delivery service.
O'Neill alleges Lady Gaga failed to pay her overtime and is seeking £248,000 in damages. However, court records obtained by the New York Post show Gaga calling O'Neill a "f**king hood rat who is suing me for money that she didn't earn".
"I'm quite wonderful to everybody that works for me, and I am completely aghast to what a disgusting human being that you have become to sue me like this," Lady Gaga said, "Because she slept in Egyptian cotton sheets every night, in five-star hotels, on private planes, eating caviar, partying with [photographer] Terry Richardson all night, wearing my clothes, asking YSL [Yves Saint Laurent] to send her free shoes without my permission, using my YSL discount without my permission."
Lady Gaga has also responded to the news reports, tweeting, "Everyone's headlines need an updating. 'Former assistant' is actually 'my best friend from NY since I was 19.' Painful stuff."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices