Former Personal Assistant Claims Lady Gaga Forced Her to Sleep with Her
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 3, 2013 11:53 PM EST
Pop star Lady Gaga's former personal assistant, Jennifer O'Neill, is suing the Mother Monster.
"I was by her side virtually 24 hours a day, seven days a week," O'Neill said, "That includes sleeping in the same bed with her. Because she did not sleep alone."
O'Neill said she felt sleeping with Lady GaGa was "required" as part of her job but did not hint at any kind of sexual relationship.
"Unlike anybody else on that tour, I did not have my own hotel room. I was not asked if I wanted my own hotel room," she said, "I had no privacy, no chance to talk to any family, no chance to talk to any friends, no chance to have sex if I wanted to have sex. There was no chance to do anything.
"She was quite irate that she couldn't reach me on my phone a couple of times, and was quite angry and asked me why she was paying for this hotel room if I was unreachable," O'Neill added.
O'Neill also recollected that once when she was getting her hair cut, the Telephone singer kept interrupting her with demands.
"She might have said I need some tea, I need - can you get my computer for me, can you get my phone, my battery is dead, I need a tampon, the toilet doesn't flush," she said.
The other duties she was made to do included changing DVDs at midnight, heating up food and hand-delivering diet food sent from California by the Sunfare meal-delivery service.
O'Neill alleges Lady Gaga failed to pay her overtime and is seeking £248,000 in damages. However, court records obtained by the New York Post show Gaga calling O'Neill a "f**king hood rat who is suing me for money that she didn't earn".
"I'm quite wonderful to everybody that works for me, and I am completely aghast to what a disgusting human being that you have become to sue me like this," Lady Gaga said, "Because she slept in Egyptian cotton sheets every night, in five-star hotels, on private planes, eating caviar, partying with [photographer] Terry Richardson all night, wearing my clothes, asking YSL [Yves Saint Laurent] to send her free shoes without my permission, using my YSL discount without my permission."
Lady Gaga has also responded to the news reports, tweeting, "Everyone's headlines need an updating. 'Former assistant' is actually 'my best friend from NY since I was 19.' Painful stuff."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed