Results in Focus, Trading Seen Cautious Next Week
February 3, 2013 8:50 PM EST
Trading is expected to remain cautious next week as a sudden slump in share price of Tata Motors and Ultratech Cement in late market hours on Friday would make investors take cautious bets.
Shares are expected to trade in a narrow range as sentiment remains muted after the central bank's comments on Tuesday and as traders watch out for earnings of auto major Mahindra & Mahindra (MAHM.NS) and cement companies including ACC (ACC.NS).
Market participants will watch for any announcement from the government about the upcoming budget.
India's plan to raise about $2 billion through a stake sale in power producer NTPC Ltd (NTPC.NS) will likely take place on February 7, according to sources.
Events to watch:
Monday: Bank of Baroda (BOB.NS), United Sprits (UNSP.NS)
Tuesday: UCO Bank(UCBK.NS), Apollo Tyres(APLO.NS), HSBC Markit services PMI
Wednesday: Cipla(CIPL.NS), Tech Mahindra(TEML.NS)
Thursday: ACC(ACC.NS), Ambuja Cement(ABUJ.NS), MRF(MRF.NS), Aurobindo Pharma(ARBN.NS)
Friday: Cadila (CADI.NS), Hindalco(HALC.NS), Mahindra & Mahindra, Canara Bank(CNBK.NS), Sun Pharma(SUN.NS)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus on the Loose: World Cautioned as Infection Moves; Global Airports on High Alert; Kills Liberian Doctor, Infects American Worker
- Advisory: Britons Told to Leave Libya ASAP, UK Issues Travel Ban
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Multi-Million Pound Law Suit Looms Over Putin’s Head, Assets At Risk
- Magaluf 2014 Update: Spanish Bar Where Teen Performed Sex Acts Closed, to Pay $78K Fine Along with Carnage Event Planner (VIDEOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Russian International Condemnation Extends to 2018 World Cup
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6