‘Vishwaroopam’ to Release Next Week? Kamal Haasan Agrees for Seven Cuts
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 3, 2013 8:37 PM EST
Nearly ten days after Muslim organizations voiced objection to the release of "Vishwaroopam", the film is now set to release in Tamil Nadu after actor-director Kamal Haasan agreed to edit some of its scenes.
On Saturday, Kamal met with Muslim organizations leaders and agreed to make seven edits, including snipping some of the sound clips that they considered offensive.
The decision of editing came after a four to five hour discussion between the representatives and Kamal, accompanied by his brother and co-producer of the film Chandra Haasan.
"I have spoken to my Muslim brothers. I have convinced them that there is nothing wrong with the film. I have agreed to remove some sound clips from the film," Kamal said after the meeting.
Kamal also said that they would soon announce the release of the film. The re-edited film would be sent to the Censor Board for approval. "We now expect the ban to be lifted soon, and will take measures to withdraw the petition filed against it," he said.
"The process of audio-editing and finalising the revised version of the film would take about six hours, after which digital reprints would be ready. But, the movie will now have to compete for screen time with two other big weekend releases - Mani Ratnam's Kadal and actor Vikram's David. Both are running to packed houses and have advance bookings for the next three days," Chandra Haasan told NDTV.
The spy thriller was released on Friday in North India, including Uttar Pradesh where tight security arrangements were put in place at theatres and multiplexes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- AC/DC Angus Young and Brian Johnson on Troubled Drummer Phil Rudd’s Future With Them, Continuing Music Without Malcolm Young [VIDEO]
- After Estee Lauder, Kendal Jenner Now Bags Karl Lagerfeld Campaign In Less Than A Week
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced