Manchester City v Liverpool: Where to Watch Live, Preview and Team News
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 3, 2013 4:37 PM EST
Manchester City host Liverpool at the Etihad in the pick of the weekend's Premier League fixtures, with the champions desperate to close the ten point gap between themselves and Manchester United with a victory over the Reds.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 4pm GMT, with Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 1 HD, Sky Sports 3D and Sky Sports Go providing live coverage in the UK. Live radio commentary is on BBC 5 Live.
After their 3-2 defeat at home to United in early December, Roberto Mancini's side found some momentum, winning eight of their last ten games in all competitions, including a five-match winning streak. But that run came to an end last week, when rock-bottom QPR held the champions to a 0-0 draw at Loftus Road, helping the Red Devils extend their lead at the top.
Liverpool, on the other hand, have managed to put their early problems behind them to rise to seventh spot. However, FA Cup humiliation at the hands of League One side Oldham Athletic last week and the failure to hold on to a 2-0 lead against Arsenal in midweek have once again raised question marks over Brendan Rodgers' men, who are yet to beat a top ten club this term.
History favours City in this fixture and having experienced 3-0 losses in their last two league visits to the Etihad, Liverpool will be keen to avoid a hat-trick of defeats. The reverse fixture in August at Anfield ended in a 2-2 draw, with the Merseyside outfit scuppering their lead twice, and a Martin Skrtel error giving the Citizens a point they barely deserved.
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): D W W W W
- Last Match: QPR 0-0 Manchester City
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): D L W L W
- Last Match: Arsenal 2-2 Liverpool
Manchester City: The champions are still without captain Vincent Kompany (calf). City are also missing Yaya and Kolo Toure, along with youngster Abdul Razak, who are all with the Ivory Coast squad in South Africa. Meanwhile, Micah Richards and Maicon (both knee) remain unavailable as well. However, Mancini is hopeful that central defender Matija Nastasic (knee), who made the bench against QPR, will be able to start this game.
Probable Line-Up: Hart; Zabaleta, Lescott, Nastasic, Clichy; Garcia, Barry; Nasri, Tevez, Silva; Aguero
Liverpool: Rodgers has no fresh injury worries as young wing-backs Martin Kelly and Jon Flanagan (both knee) are the only players who are sidelined for this fixture. The Reds' new signing, Philippe Coutinho, is unlikely to make an appearance against City as the 20-year-old has briefly returned to Italy, after his midweek move from Inter Milan, and might not return before the next match. Striker Daniel Sturridge will face the club he left for Chelsea for the first time since joining his new team.
Probable Line-up: Reina; Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique; Lucas, Henderson, Gerrard; Downing, Sturridge, Suarez
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes