Manchester City v Liverpool: Where to Watch Live, Preview and Team News
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 3, 2013 4:37 PM EST
Manchester City host Liverpool at the Etihad in the pick of the weekend's Premier League fixtures, with the champions desperate to close the ten point gap between themselves and Manchester United with a victory over the Reds.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 4pm GMT, with Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 1 HD, Sky Sports 3D and Sky Sports Go providing live coverage in the UK. Live radio commentary is on BBC 5 Live.
After their 3-2 defeat at home to United in early December, Roberto Mancini's side found some momentum, winning eight of their last ten games in all competitions, including a five-match winning streak. But that run came to an end last week, when rock-bottom QPR held the champions to a 0-0 draw at Loftus Road, helping the Red Devils extend their lead at the top.
Liverpool, on the other hand, have managed to put their early problems behind them to rise to seventh spot. However, FA Cup humiliation at the hands of League One side Oldham Athletic last week and the failure to hold on to a 2-0 lead against Arsenal in midweek have once again raised question marks over Brendan Rodgers' men, who are yet to beat a top ten club this term.
History favours City in this fixture and having experienced 3-0 losses in their last two league visits to the Etihad, Liverpool will be keen to avoid a hat-trick of defeats. The reverse fixture in August at Anfield ended in a 2-2 draw, with the Merseyside outfit scuppering their lead twice, and a Martin Skrtel error giving the Citizens a point they barely deserved.
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): D W W W W
- Last Match: QPR 0-0 Manchester City
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): D L W L W
- Last Match: Arsenal 2-2 Liverpool
Manchester City: The champions are still without captain Vincent Kompany (calf). City are also missing Yaya and Kolo Toure, along with youngster Abdul Razak, who are all with the Ivory Coast squad in South Africa. Meanwhile, Micah Richards and Maicon (both knee) remain unavailable as well. However, Mancini is hopeful that central defender Matija Nastasic (knee), who made the bench against QPR, will be able to start this game.
Probable Line-Up: Hart; Zabaleta, Lescott, Nastasic, Clichy; Garcia, Barry; Nasri, Tevez, Silva; Aguero
Liverpool: Rodgers has no fresh injury worries as young wing-backs Martin Kelly and Jon Flanagan (both knee) are the only players who are sidelined for this fixture. The Reds' new signing, Philippe Coutinho, is unlikely to make an appearance against City as the 20-year-old has briefly returned to Italy, after his midweek move from Inter Milan, and might not return before the next match. Striker Daniel Sturridge will face the club he left for Chelsea for the first time since joining his new team.
Probable Line-up: Reina; Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique; Lucas, Henderson, Gerrard; Downing, Sturridge, Suarez
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge