Manchester City v Liverpool: Where to Watch Live, Preview and Team News
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 3, 2013 4:37 PM EST
Manchester City host Liverpool at the Etihad in the pick of the weekend's Premier League fixtures, with the champions desperate to close the ten point gap between themselves and Manchester United with a victory over the Reds.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 4pm GMT, with Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 1 HD, Sky Sports 3D and Sky Sports Go providing live coverage in the UK. Live radio commentary is on BBC 5 Live.
After their 3-2 defeat at home to United in early December, Roberto Mancini's side found some momentum, winning eight of their last ten games in all competitions, including a five-match winning streak. But that run came to an end last week, when rock-bottom QPR held the champions to a 0-0 draw at Loftus Road, helping the Red Devils extend their lead at the top.
Liverpool, on the other hand, have managed to put their early problems behind them to rise to seventh spot. However, FA Cup humiliation at the hands of League One side Oldham Athletic last week and the failure to hold on to a 2-0 lead against Arsenal in midweek have once again raised question marks over Brendan Rodgers' men, who are yet to beat a top ten club this term.
History favours City in this fixture and having experienced 3-0 losses in their last two league visits to the Etihad, Liverpool will be keen to avoid a hat-trick of defeats. The reverse fixture in August at Anfield ended in a 2-2 draw, with the Merseyside outfit scuppering their lead twice, and a Martin Skrtel error giving the Citizens a point they barely deserved.
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): D W W W W
- Last Match: QPR 0-0 Manchester City
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): D L W L W
- Last Match: Arsenal 2-2 Liverpool
Manchester City: The champions are still without captain Vincent Kompany (calf). City are also missing Yaya and Kolo Toure, along with youngster Abdul Razak, who are all with the Ivory Coast squad in South Africa. Meanwhile, Micah Richards and Maicon (both knee) remain unavailable as well. However, Mancini is hopeful that central defender Matija Nastasic (knee), who made the bench against QPR, will be able to start this game.
Probable Line-Up: Hart; Zabaleta, Lescott, Nastasic, Clichy; Garcia, Barry; Nasri, Tevez, Silva; Aguero
Liverpool: Rodgers has no fresh injury worries as young wing-backs Martin Kelly and Jon Flanagan (both knee) are the only players who are sidelined for this fixture. The Reds' new signing, Philippe Coutinho, is unlikely to make an appearance against City as the 20-year-old has briefly returned to Italy, after his midweek move from Inter Milan, and might not return before the next match. Striker Daniel Sturridge will face the club he left for Chelsea for the first time since joining his new team.
Probable Line-up: Reina; Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique; Lucas, Henderson, Gerrard; Downing, Sturridge, Suarez
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR - Preview and Live Streaming Link
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica