Manchester City v Liverpool: Where to Watch Live, Preview and Team News
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 3, 2013 4:37 PM EST
Manchester City host Liverpool at the Etihad in the pick of the weekend's Premier League fixtures, with the champions desperate to close the ten point gap between themselves and Manchester United with a victory over the Reds.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 4pm GMT, with Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 1 HD, Sky Sports 3D and Sky Sports Go providing live coverage in the UK. Live radio commentary is on BBC 5 Live.
After their 3-2 defeat at home to United in early December, Roberto Mancini's side found some momentum, winning eight of their last ten games in all competitions, including a five-match winning streak. But that run came to an end last week, when rock-bottom QPR held the champions to a 0-0 draw at Loftus Road, helping the Red Devils extend their lead at the top.
Liverpool, on the other hand, have managed to put their early problems behind them to rise to seventh spot. However, FA Cup humiliation at the hands of League One side Oldham Athletic last week and the failure to hold on to a 2-0 lead against Arsenal in midweek have once again raised question marks over Brendan Rodgers' men, who are yet to beat a top ten club this term.
History favours City in this fixture and having experienced 3-0 losses in their last two league visits to the Etihad, Liverpool will be keen to avoid a hat-trick of defeats. The reverse fixture in August at Anfield ended in a 2-2 draw, with the Merseyside outfit scuppering their lead twice, and a Martin Skrtel error giving the Citizens a point they barely deserved.
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): D W W W W
- Last Match: QPR 0-0 Manchester City
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): D L W L W
- Last Match: Arsenal 2-2 Liverpool
Manchester City: The champions are still without captain Vincent Kompany (calf). City are also missing Yaya and Kolo Toure, along with youngster Abdul Razak, who are all with the Ivory Coast squad in South Africa. Meanwhile, Micah Richards and Maicon (both knee) remain unavailable as well. However, Mancini is hopeful that central defender Matija Nastasic (knee), who made the bench against QPR, will be able to start this game.
Probable Line-Up: Hart; Zabaleta, Lescott, Nastasic, Clichy; Garcia, Barry; Nasri, Tevez, Silva; Aguero
Liverpool: Rodgers has no fresh injury worries as young wing-backs Martin Kelly and Jon Flanagan (both knee) are the only players who are sidelined for this fixture. The Reds' new signing, Philippe Coutinho, is unlikely to make an appearance against City as the 20-year-old has briefly returned to Italy, after his midweek move from Inter Milan, and might not return before the next match. Striker Daniel Sturridge will face the club he left for Chelsea for the first time since joining his new team.
Probable Line-up: Reina; Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique; Lucas, Henderson, Gerrard; Downing, Sturridge, Suarez
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales