Super Bowl 2013: Expert Predictions From ESPN, National, And Local Writers For Sunday's Baltimore Ravens - San Francisco Game
February 3, 2013 2:58 AM EST
Big screens, wings, drinks, and predictions. Whether right or wrong, bold picks have become a staple of Super Bowl Sunday much like the rest of the party fare.
Over the past eight years, the underdog has covered the spread, according to OddsShark.com. That should put Baltimore Ravens fans in a good mood, along with many experts picking them to outright defeat the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans.
San Francisco is favored by four points, with second-year quarterback Colin Kaepernick leading the way. Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco and his stellar play this postseason, were big reasons experts went against Vegas oddsmakers.
San Francisco’s Frank Gore and Baltimore's Ray Rice were also mentioned as X-Factors, with both team’s success hinging on their ability to run the ball Sunday.
Check out some of the expert’s predictions and scores below.
Peter King, BAL 27, SF 23
Don Banks, SF 31, BAL 20
Jim Trotter, BAL 27, SF 24
Sports Illustrated overwhelming picked an upset with the Baltimore Ravens clinching its second world championship, albeit by a touchdown or less. Two SI writers picked the 49ers to win by more than a touchdown.
A mix of ESPN’s anchors and TV hosts overall picked Baltimore by a slight margin, though “SportsNation’s” Marcellus Wiley went all out with a bold 49ers 40-19 blowout.
Chris Berman, BAL 27, SF 26
Bill Simmons, SF To Win
Mike Ditka, SF 28, BAL 24
Chris Mortensen, SF 31, BAL 23
John Clayton, SF 28, BAL 24
Adam Schefter, SF 17, BAL 14
Marcellus Wiley, SF 40, BAL 19
Kevin Cowherd, BAL 27, SF 20
Edward Lee, SF 31, BAL 28
Mike Preston, BAL, 27, SF, 24
Perhaps influenced by their Ravens constituency, Baltimore Sun beat writers picked the home town team, with one exception.
The game kicks off Sunday at 6:30 p.m. eastern and will be broadcast by CBS, with an expected audience of over 100 million worldwide.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best