Super Bowl 2013: Expert Predictions From ESPN, National, And Local Writers For Sunday's Baltimore Ravens - San Francisco Game
February 3, 2013 2:58 AM EST
Big screens, wings, drinks, and predictions. Whether right or wrong, bold picks have become a staple of Super Bowl Sunday much like the rest of the party fare.
Over the past eight years, the underdog has covered the spread, according to OddsShark.com. That should put Baltimore Ravens fans in a good mood, along with many experts picking them to outright defeat the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans.
San Francisco is favored by four points, with second-year quarterback Colin Kaepernick leading the way. Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco and his stellar play this postseason, were big reasons experts went against Vegas oddsmakers.
San Francisco’s Frank Gore and Baltimore's Ray Rice were also mentioned as X-Factors, with both team’s success hinging on their ability to run the ball Sunday.
Check out some of the expert’s predictions and scores below.
Peter King, BAL 27, SF 23
Don Banks, SF 31, BAL 20
Jim Trotter, BAL 27, SF 24
Sports Illustrated overwhelming picked an upset with the Baltimore Ravens clinching its second world championship, albeit by a touchdown or less. Two SI writers picked the 49ers to win by more than a touchdown.
A mix of ESPN’s anchors and TV hosts overall picked Baltimore by a slight margin, though “SportsNation’s” Marcellus Wiley went all out with a bold 49ers 40-19 blowout.
Chris Berman, BAL 27, SF 26
Bill Simmons, SF To Win
Mike Ditka, SF 28, BAL 24
Chris Mortensen, SF 31, BAL 23
John Clayton, SF 28, BAL 24
Adam Schefter, SF 17, BAL 14
Marcellus Wiley, SF 40, BAL 19
Kevin Cowherd, BAL 27, SF 20
Edward Lee, SF 31, BAL 28
Mike Preston, BAL, 27, SF, 24
Perhaps influenced by their Ravens constituency, Baltimore Sun beat writers picked the home town team, with one exception.
The game kicks off Sunday at 6:30 p.m. eastern and will be broadcast by CBS, with an expected audience of over 100 million worldwide.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks