Actress Penelope Cruz Pregnant with Second Child
By Fiona Keating | February 3, 2013 1:00 AM EST
Spanish Oscar winners Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem are expecting their second child, with The New York Post reporting that the Vicky Cristina Barcelona star is "around three months pregnant".
The new baby would be a brother or sister for the couple's first child, Leo, who was born in January 2011. They confirmed Cruz was pregnant in September 2010, while she was filming the fourth instalment of the Pirates of the Caribbean series, On Stranger Tides.
The 38-year-old Spanish actress gave birth to the couple's first child six months after she married Javier Bardem in the Caribbean, at a low-key ceremony with only a few relatives present.
The couple have known each other for more than 20 years after meeting on the set of her debut film, the Spanish comedy drama Jamon Jamon, when the actress was 18.
Penelope talked about motherhood in an interview with Vogue in June 2011, saying: "From the first second, you feel so much love.
"It is a revolutionary experience. That's the best way I can describe it. It transforms you completely, in a second.
"Nature is very wise and gives you nine months to prepare, but in that moment, when you see that face, you are transformed forever."
Cruz and Bardem are currently holidaying on Johnny Depp's private Caribbean island, off the coast of the Bahamas.
The Spanish couple have led a roving international lifestyle for the past year. Last spring, they moved to London next door to Prince William and Kate Middleton at Kensington Palace while Bardem was busy shooting the latest Bond movie, Skyfall.
Cruz and Bardem will act together in supporting roles in the upcoming Ridley Scott film The Counselor, which is set for a November release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Gay Community In Liberia Persecuted For Ebola; Church Leaders Call Virus 'Punishment' For Homosexuality
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'