RWE expects out-of-court Gazprom contract deal in H1
February 2, 2013 11:35 PM EST
Gas contracts have been a major problem for European utilities, which agreed long-term deals with companies such as Gazprom and Statoil
"We expect that we will have an agreement in the first half of this year," RWE Chief Financial Officer Bernhard Guenther was quoted as saying by German newspaper Boersen-Zeitung.
The financial chief said he expected compensation from Gazprom, going back to spring 2010.
"That is a long period. We are not talking about small change here, but about a substantial sum we expect to receive," he said, without elaborating.
In December Gazprom had already said it would prefer an out-of-court settlement with RWE. Its export chief said Gazprom had reached agreements with all major importers, with the exception of RWE.
Guenther also said that RWE would consider to further cut costs and investments in the wake of ongoing low energy prices and excess capacity in order to reduce its debt pile.
RWE had 34.2 billion euros in debt by the end of September last year.
Guenther said RWE would end 2012 with a net debt to earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) ratio of around 3.5, at the same level as last year.
(Reporting by Harro ten Wolde, editing by William Hardy)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide