Italy court adjourns BOI-MPS hearing to February 20 - consumer group
February 2, 2013 9:42 PM EST
A Rome administrative court on Saturday adjourned until Feb 20 a hearing regarding the Bank of Italy's approval of 3.9 billion euros in state support for troubled Monte Paschi bank
The group, Codacons, had requested that prosecutors investigate whether central bank supervisors failed in their oversight of Monte Paschi when it undertook complicated derivatives operations between 2007 and 2009.
Codacons head Carlo Rienzi, who attended Saturday's hearing, said Bank of Italy representatives had not yet given the court documents it had requested on the case.
Codacons has asked the court to block the support to Monte Paschi.
(Reporting By Antonella Cinelli, writing by Philip Pullella)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans