Chevrolet Sail Sedan Hits Indian Roads; Price Starting at ₹ 4.99 Lakh
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 2, 2013 8:39 PM EST
The new compact sedan which is built on the global passenger car platform shares some similarities with the Sail U-VA which was launched in last November.
The new Sail sedan will be available in both petrol and diesel variant in the country. The petrol variant of the car is powered by the 1.2 litre SMARTECH petrol engine which generates a power of 85 bhp and 113 Nm torque. It claims to deliver a mileage of 18.2 kilometer per liter. Conversely, the diesel variant of the car comes with 1.3 litre SDE SMARTECH engine which gives an output of outputs of 77 bhp and 205 Nm torque.
"It is an important addition to GM's sedan line up in India. It competes in one of the fastest-growing segments," said Lowell Paddock, president and managing director, General Motors India, at the launch.
The latest version of Sail will be positioned against Maruti Suzuki DZire, Toyota Etios, Mahindra Verito, Ford Classic and the Tata Indigo eCS in the market. The company expects to surge its share in the sedan market with the latest launch.
"We are hoping to create excitement in the market with new launches like Sail and we hope to garner a significant share in the entry level sedan market," said Anil Mehrotra, CFO, General Motors India.
The car comes equipped with the safety features like central door locking, engine immobilizer and power windows. In addition to this, the top variant of the car packs Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) system. The petrol variants of the car are priced between ₹ 4.99 lakh and ₹ 6.42 lakh, while the diesel variants are priced between ₹ 6.29 lakh and ₹ 7.52 lakh.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Sees Biggest After-Earnings Move; Share Price To Reach 3-Digit Mark
- Medibank IPO Seeks To Raise $4.8B Capital, Biggest Share Launch In Asia For 2014
- 65 Deaths In 1 Year Make Jobs In Transport & Storage Sector Most Dangerous In Australia
- Porsche, Pope, Sistine Chapel and The Godfather
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar