Chevrolet Sail Sedan Hits Indian Roads; Price Starting at ₹ 4.99 Lakh
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 2, 2013 8:39 PM EST
The new compact sedan which is built on the global passenger car platform shares some similarities with the Sail U-VA which was launched in last November.
The new Sail sedan will be available in both petrol and diesel variant in the country. The petrol variant of the car is powered by the 1.2 litre SMARTECH petrol engine which generates a power of 85 bhp and 113 Nm torque. It claims to deliver a mileage of 18.2 kilometer per liter. Conversely, the diesel variant of the car comes with 1.3 litre SDE SMARTECH engine which gives an output of outputs of 77 bhp and 205 Nm torque.
"It is an important addition to GM's sedan line up in India. It competes in one of the fastest-growing segments," said Lowell Paddock, president and managing director, General Motors India, at the launch.
The latest version of Sail will be positioned against Maruti Suzuki DZire, Toyota Etios, Mahindra Verito, Ford Classic and the Tata Indigo eCS in the market. The company expects to surge its share in the sedan market with the latest launch.
"We are hoping to create excitement in the market with new launches like Sail and we hope to garner a significant share in the entry level sedan market," said Anil Mehrotra, CFO, General Motors India.
The car comes equipped with the safety features like central door locking, engine immobilizer and power windows. In addition to this, the top variant of the car packs Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) system. The petrol variants of the car are priced between ₹ 4.99 lakh and ₹ 6.42 lakh, while the diesel variants are priced between ₹ 6.29 lakh and ₹ 7.52 lakh.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]