Chevrolet Sail Sedan Hits Indian Roads; Price Starting at ₹ 4.99 Lakh
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 2, 2013 8:39 PM EST
The new compact sedan which is built on the global passenger car platform shares some similarities with the Sail U-VA which was launched in last November.
The new Sail sedan will be available in both petrol and diesel variant in the country. The petrol variant of the car is powered by the 1.2 litre SMARTECH petrol engine which generates a power of 85 bhp and 113 Nm torque. It claims to deliver a mileage of 18.2 kilometer per liter. Conversely, the diesel variant of the car comes with 1.3 litre SDE SMARTECH engine which gives an output of outputs of 77 bhp and 205 Nm torque.
"It is an important addition to GM's sedan line up in India. It competes in one of the fastest-growing segments," said Lowell Paddock, president and managing director, General Motors India, at the launch.
The latest version of Sail will be positioned against Maruti Suzuki DZire, Toyota Etios, Mahindra Verito, Ford Classic and the Tata Indigo eCS in the market. The company expects to surge its share in the sedan market with the latest launch.
"We are hoping to create excitement in the market with new launches like Sail and we hope to garner a significant share in the entry level sedan market," said Anil Mehrotra, CFO, General Motors India.
The car comes equipped with the safety features like central door locking, engine immobilizer and power windows. In addition to this, the top variant of the car packs Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) system. The petrol variants of the car are priced between ₹ 4.99 lakh and ₹ 6.42 lakh, while the diesel variants are priced between ₹ 6.29 lakh and ₹ 7.52 lakh.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans