Chevrolet Sail Sedan Hits Indian Roads; Price Starting at ₹ 4.99 Lakh
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 2, 2013 8:39 PM EST
The new compact sedan which is built on the global passenger car platform shares some similarities with the Sail U-VA which was launched in last November.
The new Sail sedan will be available in both petrol and diesel variant in the country. The petrol variant of the car is powered by the 1.2 litre SMARTECH petrol engine which generates a power of 85 bhp and 113 Nm torque. It claims to deliver a mileage of 18.2 kilometer per liter. Conversely, the diesel variant of the car comes with 1.3 litre SDE SMARTECH engine which gives an output of outputs of 77 bhp and 205 Nm torque.
"It is an important addition to GM's sedan line up in India. It competes in one of the fastest-growing segments," said Lowell Paddock, president and managing director, General Motors India, at the launch.
The latest version of Sail will be positioned against Maruti Suzuki DZire, Toyota Etios, Mahindra Verito, Ford Classic and the Tata Indigo eCS in the market. The company expects to surge its share in the sedan market with the latest launch.
"We are hoping to create excitement in the market with new launches like Sail and we hope to garner a significant share in the entry level sedan market," said Anil Mehrotra, CFO, General Motors India.
The car comes equipped with the safety features like central door locking, engine immobilizer and power windows. In addition to this, the top variant of the car packs Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) system. The petrol variants of the car are priced between ₹ 4.99 lakh and ₹ 6.42 lakh, while the diesel variants are priced between ₹ 6.29 lakh and ₹ 7.52 lakh.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June