David Beckham at PSG: Ex-Man Utd Star Posts Photo of PSG Strip for Baby Daughter
By Simi John | February 2, 2013 7:51 PM EST
David Beckham's free transfer to French football club Paris St Germain (PSG) was one of the highlights of the January transfer window. The ex-Manchester United and Real Madrid midfielder also hit the headlines for the generous gesture of donating his £170,000 per week salary to a children's charity in the French capital.
The 37-year-old football icon, a former captain of the English national team, has now moved to Paris and is available for selection by Italian manager Carlo Ancelotti. However, while the star will obviously be based in the city, his family will reportedly re-settle in England. And his children will certainly miss their father.
Well... maybe not that much.
Beckham has picked up PSG football strips for Brooklyn, Romeo, Cruz and his daughter, Harper Seven. And he also posted an adorable photograph of Harper's uniform on Facebook.
His comment on the social networking Web site read: "I've got all the shirts for the kids, you can see little Harper's one here. Blown away by the reception of the people in Paris."
"Glad to get so many positive comments about the donation. Victoria and I made the decision to give the wages away to a children's charity. We are incredibly fortunate so we are glad we could do this with the club's blessing. Thanks as always for your support, I will always do my best for you," he added.
Beckham is believed to be worth over £100m and was the highest paid player in the US' Major League Soccer (MLS), when he moved from Spanish champions Real Madrid to LA Galaxy in 2007.
Finally, Beckham dismissed speculation that this might be his last contract.
"People always speculate that it'll be my last but they've done that for a number of years and I continue to play and sign new contracts. I want to continue to play as long as possible. My passion is football," the midfielder said, adding, "When I play football it's not about the biggest contracts. I want to play for the biggest teams and with the best players. If I can continue to do that at the highest level, then who knows?"
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier