David Beckham at PSG: Ex-Man Utd Star Posts Photo of PSG Strip for Baby Daughter
By Simi John | February 2, 2013 7:51 PM EST
David Beckham's free transfer to French football club Paris St Germain (PSG) was one of the highlights of the January transfer window. The ex-Manchester United and Real Madrid midfielder also hit the headlines for the generous gesture of donating his £170,000 per week salary to a children's charity in the French capital.
The 37-year-old football icon, a former captain of the English national team, has now moved to Paris and is available for selection by Italian manager Carlo Ancelotti. However, while the star will obviously be based in the city, his family will reportedly re-settle in England. And his children will certainly miss their father.
Well... maybe not that much.
Beckham has picked up PSG football strips for Brooklyn, Romeo, Cruz and his daughter, Harper Seven. And he also posted an adorable photograph of Harper's uniform on Facebook.
His comment on the social networking Web site read: "I've got all the shirts for the kids, you can see little Harper's one here. Blown away by the reception of the people in Paris."
"Glad to get so many positive comments about the donation. Victoria and I made the decision to give the wages away to a children's charity. We are incredibly fortunate so we are glad we could do this with the club's blessing. Thanks as always for your support, I will always do my best for you," he added.
Beckham is believed to be worth over £100m and was the highest paid player in the US' Major League Soccer (MLS), when he moved from Spanish champions Real Madrid to LA Galaxy in 2007.
Finally, Beckham dismissed speculation that this might be his last contract.
"People always speculate that it'll be my last but they've done that for a number of years and I continue to play and sign new contracts. I want to continue to play as long as possible. My passion is football," the midfielder said, adding, "When I play football it's not about the biggest contracts. I want to play for the biggest teams and with the best players. If I can continue to do that at the highest level, then who knows?"
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date