James Franco Adding Gucci Documentary To His Busy Schedule
By Justine Ashley | February 2, 2013 10:03 AM EST
The currently high U.S. unemployment rate may be a result of James Franco taking all the jobs.
The busiest man in Hollywood is set to take on yet another project. Franco is slated to produce a documentary on the fashion brand House of Gucci, which will focus on the company’s creative director, Frida Giannini, according to Variety.
Christina Voros will serve as the film’s director. Franco has worked with Voros on several films, including the documentary “kink” and the biopic “The Broken Tower.”
The Oscar-nominated actor has a long relationship with Gucci that goes back to 2008, when he became a spokesmodel for the brand.
In November, Franco directed two music videos based on songs on R.E.M.’s final album “Collapse Into Now.” Last year, he also appeared in “Spring Breakers” and “The Iceman,” which recently played the festival circuit and are set to make their debuts this year.
The actor has more than eight films in the pipeline for this year, including the action thriller “Homefront” and the Paul Haggis-directed romance “The Third Person.”
Franco also serves as the director and star of the forthcoming “As I Lay Dying” and “Child of God.”
The 34-year-old pulled triple duty at the Sundance Film Festival last month. “Lovelace,” featuring the actor as Hugh Hefner, screened at the annual event, as did “Interior. Leather Bar.,” which he co-directed with Travis Mathews. “Kink” also made its debut at the film fest in Park City, Utah.
Next month, Franco will appear as the title character in “Oz the Great and Powerful,” a prequel to “The Wizard of Oz” starring Michelle Williams and Mila Kunis.
Famous for being an overachiever, he is currently pursuing a doctorate at Yale University, while serving as a faculty member at the University of Southern California.
In a 2010 interview with New York magazine, Franco explained his reason for taking on multiple projects.
“Why not do as many things I love as I can? As long as the work is good,” he said.
“Good” wasn’t a word many used to describe the poem he released during U.S. President Barack Obama’s second inauguration last month, as reported by the New York Daily News.
Titled “Obama in Ashville,” the poem focuses on the first time he met the president -- prompting Jezebel’s Madeleine Davis to conclude “Handsome James Franco’s Inauguration Poem Is All About Handsome James Franco.”
Hopefully, Franco's forthcoming book of poetry, “Directing Herbert White,” will fare better.
‘Oz the Great and Powerful’ hits theaters March 8.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide