Lena Dunham's New HBO Show Reportedly About Betty Halbreich, Fashion
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 2, 2013 8:17 AM EST
Lena Dunham has reportedly agreed to begin work on another television show for HBO based on the life of Betty Halbreich, a giant of the fashion industry and longtime personal shopper at Bergdorf Goodman, according to Deadline Hollywood.
Dunham is set to work on the project with Jennifer Konner, executive producer of “Girls,” which has earned Dunham rave reviews among television critics. HBO has optioned the rights to “All Dressed Up and Everywhere to Go,” a forthcoming memoir by Halbreich, who has served as stylist and adviser to the likes of Katie Couric, Sarah Jessica Parker, Meryl Streep, and other major names among the media elite. Deadline described Halbreich as “part Angela Lansbury and part Lucille Ball.”
Dunham, 26, is fresh off the news that her work has won two Golden Globes and been nominated for five Emmys. She recently signed a $3.5 million contract with Random House to publish her first book, a collection of essays called “Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's Learned."
When the new season of “Girls” premiered this month, it attracted 872,000 viewers before slightly dropping to 866,000 the next week, as noted by Deadline. As it was during its first season, “Girls” has been embroiled in controversy -- but, unlike last season, the critics this year have included Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
In a column for the Huffington Post, the Basketball Hall of Famer-turned-TV critic dismissed the show as being too white, too sexual, and “too cutesy,” as well as for having poorly written characters.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery