Lena Dunham's New HBO Show Reportedly About Betty Halbreich, Fashion
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 2, 2013 8:17 AM EST
Lena Dunham has reportedly agreed to begin work on another television show for HBO based on the life of Betty Halbreich, a giant of the fashion industry and longtime personal shopper at Bergdorf Goodman, according to Deadline Hollywood.
Dunham is set to work on the project with Jennifer Konner, executive producer of “Girls,” which has earned Dunham rave reviews among television critics. HBO has optioned the rights to “All Dressed Up and Everywhere to Go,” a forthcoming memoir by Halbreich, who has served as stylist and adviser to the likes of Katie Couric, Sarah Jessica Parker, Meryl Streep, and other major names among the media elite. Deadline described Halbreich as “part Angela Lansbury and part Lucille Ball.”
Dunham, 26, is fresh off the news that her work has won two Golden Globes and been nominated for five Emmys. She recently signed a $3.5 million contract with Random House to publish her first book, a collection of essays called “Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's Learned."
When the new season of “Girls” premiered this month, it attracted 872,000 viewers before slightly dropping to 866,000 the next week, as noted by Deadline. As it was during its first season, “Girls” has been embroiled in controversy -- but, unlike last season, the critics this year have included Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
In a column for the Huffington Post, the Basketball Hall of Famer-turned-TV critic dismissed the show as being too white, too sexual, and “too cutesy,” as well as for having poorly written characters.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display