Lena Dunham's New HBO Show Reportedly About Betty Halbreich, Fashion
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 2, 2013 8:17 AM EST
Lena Dunham has reportedly agreed to begin work on another television show for HBO based on the life of Betty Halbreich, a giant of the fashion industry and longtime personal shopper at Bergdorf Goodman, according to Deadline Hollywood.
Dunham is set to work on the project with Jennifer Konner, executive producer of “Girls,” which has earned Dunham rave reviews among television critics. HBO has optioned the rights to “All Dressed Up and Everywhere to Go,” a forthcoming memoir by Halbreich, who has served as stylist and adviser to the likes of Katie Couric, Sarah Jessica Parker, Meryl Streep, and other major names among the media elite. Deadline described Halbreich as “part Angela Lansbury and part Lucille Ball.”
Dunham, 26, is fresh off the news that her work has won two Golden Globes and been nominated for five Emmys. She recently signed a $3.5 million contract with Random House to publish her first book, a collection of essays called “Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's Learned."
When the new season of “Girls” premiered this month, it attracted 872,000 viewers before slightly dropping to 866,000 the next week, as noted by Deadline. As it was during its first season, “Girls” has been embroiled in controversy -- but, unlike last season, the critics this year have included Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
In a column for the Huffington Post, the Basketball Hall of Famer-turned-TV critic dismissed the show as being too white, too sexual, and “too cutesy,” as well as for having poorly written characters.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015