'Girl Meets World' Casts Riley and Best Friend Maya, Rowan Blanchard And Sabrina Carpenter, Introduces Two New Characters [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 2, 2013 6:28 AM EST
Several roles in the upcoming “Boy Meets World” spin-off sitcom “Girl Meets World” have been cast, including those of Riley Matthews and her best friend Maya Fox.
Entertainment Weekly reports that 11-year-old actress; Rowan Blanchard will play Riley the daughter of Cory and Topanga Matthews the sweetheart couple of the original show, while 11-year-old singer Sabrina Carpenter will play Maya.
Blanchard has previously had roles in such films as “Spy Kids: All the Time in World in 4D” and “The Back-up Plan.”
Michael Jacobs, producer for the “Girl Meets World” pilot told EW that the actress is much like the actor who plays her father.
“As soon as Rowan walked into the room, I was reminded of why Ben Savage was loved as Cory Matthews,” he said.
Carpenter, who is signed with Hollywood Records, has released a single called “Smile” that was featured on several compilation albums and charted on Radio Disney’s top 30. She also has had roles on the Fox comedy project “The Goodwin Games,” and an episode of the Disney Channel sitcom “Austin and Ally,” EW details.
According to the media website, “Girl Meets work will begin its pilot production in February. If picked up, which EW says is highly likely; it is expected to debut in the Disney channel’s 2013-2014 lineups.
Character descriptions of several other roles in the series have also been released, including Riley’s 13-year-on brother Elliott, and to recently added characters, Tristan Friar and Shamus Farkle.
Elliott is described as, “good looking, well built, funny and insightful in his observations. Good hearted except for his dedication toward using Riley (Blanchard) as his wrestling practice dummy,” according to EW.
Parents, Cory and Topanga apparently worry that he takes after Cory’s older brother, Eric whom in the original show progressively gets less intelligent.
Tristan Friar is described as a “cowboy in the city” and may be a potential love interest of Riley’s. He is also described as “actually possessed of ethics, common sense and a value system making him immediately alien to everybody else except Riley.”
Shamus Farkle is described as a “future world ruler and Maya’s nemesis.” Akin to “Boy Meet World’s” Stuart Minkus, Farkle is also described as “wildly attached and protective of,” both Riley and Maya.
These characters have not yet been cast.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia