Kanye West Performs In Straitjacket During Concert In Abu Dhabi [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
By Amethyst Tate | February 2, 2013 6:05 AM EST
Kanye West wore a straitjacket during a performance in Abu Dhabi, along with a white feathered mask.
West is no stranger to taking fashion risks. During a Hurricane Sandy relief effort concert, he was criticized by some in the media for wearing leather leggings beneath a kilt.
During a sold-out concert at Revel Resort in Atlantic City last month, West wore an array of outrageous outfits onstage, including the white mask and a diamond face mask.
West took fashion to a whole other level in Abu Dubai however, when he performed his "808′s & Heartbreak" track “Say You Will” while wearing a straitjacket.
Not all of his fans are appreciative of West's fashion choices. One fan in an uploaded video simply said, "What the [expletive]?”
Twitter user @finnspen, tweeted, “I cant figure out if Kanye is supposed to be in a strait jacket, a mummy, or a member of the KKK.”
During his concert at Revel in Atlantic City last month, West introduced the white feather mask, which he wore when he announced Kim Kardashian’s pregnancy.
The high-profile couple are expecting their first child together in July.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results: Find Out Who Could Be The Winner—Predictions Based on iTunes Chart Rankings
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- 'The Flash' Season 1, Episode 10 Spoilers: Dr Wells Connection To Reverse Flash, Firestorm Focus, and 'Prison Break' Actors As Villains In Next New Episode
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results Recap: And The Winner Is… (Spoilers)