Beyoncé Does Super Bowl Pre-Game Interview, Remains Elusive About Performance, Releases Second Teaser Clip [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 2, 2013 5:12 AM EST
Beyoncé spoke with Rich Eisen and Deion Sanders in a Super Bowl pre-game interview Thursday where she remained quite elusive about the details of her halftime show performance.
The interview followed her halftime show press conference where she sung the “Star Spangled Banner” live, her answer to criticisms about her lip-syncing at the Presidential Inauguration.
“I figured it was the best way to address it and move on,” Beyoncé told Eisen. “I love my job, I love my country, I love that I’m able to do what I was born to do so I’m proud.”
Eisen inquired about how she felt about performing in the Super Bowl, to which the singer replied, “This is the highlight of a career… I just can’t imagine how I’m going to feel when I’m really there and it’s live.”
Beyoncé detailed that the halftime show is her favorite part of the Super Bowl so she is especially happy to be the entertainment.
The sportscasters did their best to get Beyoncé to reveal some tidbits about the show, asking her about how the number of wardrobe changes she will make, how many songs she will sing, and whether there will be other performers in the show that aren’t backup singers.
“I can’t tell you any answers to that,” she said. “You have to keep certain things a mystery. It’s entertainment. They have to be excited.”
Beyoncé would confirm only one thing, “I’ll be singing live,” she said with a large grin.
The singer also talked about her daughter, Blue Ivy, and detailed that the one year old is starting to talk. She said that little Blue is a fan of her music and sings the “uh oh” from her hit single, “Crazy in Love,” and also does the famous hand gesture from “Single Ladies.”
About motherhood, Beyoncé says she loves it. “It’s so much more fulfilling that anything else in the world,” she added.
Beyoncé also released a second teaser clip from her halftime show rehearsals at Alario Center in Westwego, La. Thursday. The clip follows her second day of reversals and suggests that the single “End of Time” is among the songs in her halftime show set list. Members of her live band and backup singers are seen performing the song to the delight of “the boss,” Beyoncé.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports