Beyoncé Does Super Bowl Pre-Game Interview, Remains Elusive About Performance, Releases Second Teaser Clip [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 2, 2013 5:12 AM EST
Beyoncé spoke with Rich Eisen and Deion Sanders in a Super Bowl pre-game interview Thursday where she remained quite elusive about the details of her halftime show performance.
The interview followed her halftime show press conference where she sung the “Star Spangled Banner” live, her answer to criticisms about her lip-syncing at the Presidential Inauguration.
“I figured it was the best way to address it and move on,” Beyoncé told Eisen. “I love my job, I love my country, I love that I’m able to do what I was born to do so I’m proud.”
Eisen inquired about how she felt about performing in the Super Bowl, to which the singer replied, “This is the highlight of a career… I just can’t imagine how I’m going to feel when I’m really there and it’s live.”
Beyoncé detailed that the halftime show is her favorite part of the Super Bowl so she is especially happy to be the entertainment.
The sportscasters did their best to get Beyoncé to reveal some tidbits about the show, asking her about how the number of wardrobe changes she will make, how many songs she will sing, and whether there will be other performers in the show that aren’t backup singers.
“I can’t tell you any answers to that,” she said. “You have to keep certain things a mystery. It’s entertainment. They have to be excited.”
Beyoncé would confirm only one thing, “I’ll be singing live,” she said with a large grin.
The singer also talked about her daughter, Blue Ivy, and detailed that the one year old is starting to talk. She said that little Blue is a fan of her music and sings the “uh oh” from her hit single, “Crazy in Love,” and also does the famous hand gesture from “Single Ladies.”
About motherhood, Beyoncé says she loves it. “It’s so much more fulfilling that anything else in the world,” she added.
Beyoncé also released a second teaser clip from her halftime show rehearsals at Alario Center in Westwego, La. Thursday. The clip follows her second day of reversals and suggests that the single “End of Time” is among the songs in her halftime show set list. Members of her live band and backup singers are seen performing the song to the delight of “the boss,” Beyoncé.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales