Beyoncé Does Super Bowl Pre-Game Interview, Remains Elusive About Performance, Releases Second Teaser Clip [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 2, 2013 5:12 AM EST
Beyoncé spoke with Rich Eisen and Deion Sanders in a Super Bowl pre-game interview Thursday where she remained quite elusive about the details of her halftime show performance.
The interview followed her halftime show press conference where she sung the “Star Spangled Banner” live, her answer to criticisms about her lip-syncing at the Presidential Inauguration.
“I figured it was the best way to address it and move on,” Beyoncé told Eisen. “I love my job, I love my country, I love that I’m able to do what I was born to do so I’m proud.”
Eisen inquired about how she felt about performing in the Super Bowl, to which the singer replied, “This is the highlight of a career… I just can’t imagine how I’m going to feel when I’m really there and it’s live.”
Beyoncé detailed that the halftime show is her favorite part of the Super Bowl so she is especially happy to be the entertainment.
The sportscasters did their best to get Beyoncé to reveal some tidbits about the show, asking her about how the number of wardrobe changes she will make, how many songs she will sing, and whether there will be other performers in the show that aren’t backup singers.
“I can’t tell you any answers to that,” she said. “You have to keep certain things a mystery. It’s entertainment. They have to be excited.”
Beyoncé would confirm only one thing, “I’ll be singing live,” she said with a large grin.
The singer also talked about her daughter, Blue Ivy, and detailed that the one year old is starting to talk. She said that little Blue is a fan of her music and sings the “uh oh” from her hit single, “Crazy in Love,” and also does the famous hand gesture from “Single Ladies.”
About motherhood, Beyoncé says she loves it. “It’s so much more fulfilling that anything else in the world,” she added.
Beyoncé also released a second teaser clip from her halftime show rehearsals at Alario Center in Westwego, La. Thursday. The clip follows her second day of reversals and suggests that the single “End of Time” is among the songs in her halftime show set list. Members of her live band and backup singers are seen performing the song to the delight of “the boss,” Beyoncé.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica