Beyoncé Does Super Bowl Pre-Game Interview, Remains Elusive About Performance, Releases Second Teaser Clip [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 2, 2013 5:12 AM EST
Beyoncé spoke with Rich Eisen and Deion Sanders in a Super Bowl pre-game interview Thursday where she remained quite elusive about the details of her halftime show performance.
The interview followed her halftime show press conference where she sung the “Star Spangled Banner” live, her answer to criticisms about her lip-syncing at the Presidential Inauguration.
“I figured it was the best way to address it and move on,” Beyoncé told Eisen. “I love my job, I love my country, I love that I’m able to do what I was born to do so I’m proud.”
Eisen inquired about how she felt about performing in the Super Bowl, to which the singer replied, “This is the highlight of a career… I just can’t imagine how I’m going to feel when I’m really there and it’s live.”
Beyoncé detailed that the halftime show is her favorite part of the Super Bowl so she is especially happy to be the entertainment.
The sportscasters did their best to get Beyoncé to reveal some tidbits about the show, asking her about how the number of wardrobe changes she will make, how many songs she will sing, and whether there will be other performers in the show that aren’t backup singers.
“I can’t tell you any answers to that,” she said. “You have to keep certain things a mystery. It’s entertainment. They have to be excited.”
Beyoncé would confirm only one thing, “I’ll be singing live,” she said with a large grin.
The singer also talked about her daughter, Blue Ivy, and detailed that the one year old is starting to talk. She said that little Blue is a fan of her music and sings the “uh oh” from her hit single, “Crazy in Love,” and also does the famous hand gesture from “Single Ladies.”
About motherhood, Beyoncé says she loves it. “It’s so much more fulfilling that anything else in the world,” she added.
Beyoncé also released a second teaser clip from her halftime show rehearsals at Alario Center in Westwego, La. Thursday. The clip follows her second day of reversals and suggests that the single “End of Time” is among the songs in her halftime show set list. Members of her live band and backup singers are seen performing the song to the delight of “the boss,” Beyoncé.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight