Beyoncé Does Super Bowl Pre-Game Interview, Remains Elusive About Performance, Releases Second Teaser Clip [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 2, 2013 5:12 AM EST
Beyoncé spoke with Rich Eisen and Deion Sanders in a Super Bowl pre-game interview Thursday where she remained quite elusive about the details of her halftime show performance.
The interview followed her halftime show press conference where she sung the “Star Spangled Banner” live, her answer to criticisms about her lip-syncing at the Presidential Inauguration.
“I figured it was the best way to address it and move on,” Beyoncé told Eisen. “I love my job, I love my country, I love that I’m able to do what I was born to do so I’m proud.”
Eisen inquired about how she felt about performing in the Super Bowl, to which the singer replied, “This is the highlight of a career… I just can’t imagine how I’m going to feel when I’m really there and it’s live.”
Beyoncé detailed that the halftime show is her favorite part of the Super Bowl so she is especially happy to be the entertainment.
The sportscasters did their best to get Beyoncé to reveal some tidbits about the show, asking her about how the number of wardrobe changes she will make, how many songs she will sing, and whether there will be other performers in the show that aren’t backup singers.
“I can’t tell you any answers to that,” she said. “You have to keep certain things a mystery. It’s entertainment. They have to be excited.”
Beyoncé would confirm only one thing, “I’ll be singing live,” she said with a large grin.
The singer also talked about her daughter, Blue Ivy, and detailed that the one year old is starting to talk. She said that little Blue is a fan of her music and sings the “uh oh” from her hit single, “Crazy in Love,” and also does the famous hand gesture from “Single Ladies.”
About motherhood, Beyoncé says she loves it. “It’s so much more fulfilling that anything else in the world,” she added.
Beyoncé also released a second teaser clip from her halftime show rehearsals at Alario Center in Westwego, La. Thursday. The clip follows her second day of reversals and suggests that the single “End of Time” is among the songs in her halftime show set list. Members of her live band and backup singers are seen performing the song to the delight of “the boss,” Beyoncé.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money