Tim McGraw Sobriety: Country Singer Reveals Reason Behind Decision To Stop Drinking
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 2, 2013 4:18 AM EST
Country singer Tom McGraw has a lot to be thankful for these days and according to a recent interview with People, much of it stems from his decision to stop drinking.
The 45-year-old singer has a new album out, an upcoming tour that’s scheduled to stop in 30 cities, and a new, noticeably toned physique, and he attributes much of it to his lifestyle change. McGraw gave up alcohol five years ago, trading it in for an intense workout regimen.
"I drank a lot from my point of view and I needed to stop," McGraw told the magazine. "I felt quitting was something I needed to do. I didn't feel I had any moral high ground with my kids in the long run."
Speaking of his rigorous workouts – the country crooner flaunted his chiseled abs to the magazine when he reportedly played a game of basketball, shirtless with his band members.
Working out is a great way to go out on stage," McGraw said. "When I hit the stage, my adrenaline is going and I'm ready."
And besides making for a more alluring physique, McGraw said that more importantly, being healthy has enabled him to be around for his three daughters with wife of sixteen years Faith Hill, whose ages range from 11 to 15.
"I'm in a good place right now," McGraw said. "I really feel like this new album is not a culmination of the things I've done, it's a new beginning of the things I am going to do. I want to enjoy my career and having my family. I have a busy life, but it is a fulfilling life.”
In addition to his full-time music gig, McGraw has also acted in several movies including the 2009 film “The Blind Side,” opposite Sandra Bullock, and the 2006 film “Flicka.” Most recently, he appeared in the 2010 movie “Country Strong” where he played James Canter, the manager and husband of Gwyneth Paltrow’s character, Kelly Canter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop