Nasdaq rises one percent, Wall Street extends rally
February 2, 2013 4:07 AM EST
U.S. stocks hit five-year highs and the Nasdaq rose 1 percent on Friday, after jobs and manufacturing data showed the economy's sluggish recovery is still on track.
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> gained 135.05 points, or 0.97 percent, to 13,995.63. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> rose 13.85 points, or 0.92 percent, to 1,511.96. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> advanced 31.27 points, or 1.00 percent, to 3,173.40.
(Reporting by Chuck Mikolajczak; Editing by Bernadette Baum)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- iPhone 6 Plus Phablet Features Only 1 GB RAM