RBS to get Libor punishment next week - sources
February 2, 2013 3:49 AM EST
Royal Bank of Scotland
The bank is expected to be fined between 400 and 500 million pounds for the attempted rigging of the London interbank offered rate (Libor) and other benchmark interest rates. Details of the punishments will be revealed on Tuesday or Wednesday, the sources said.
RBS and the FSA declined to comment.
(Reporting by Matt Scuffham and Huw Jones; Editing by Sinead Cruise)
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid