Chrysler's U.S. Sales In January Surged 16%, Led By Ram Pickup Truck, Chrysler 200 And Dodge Avenger Sales
February 2, 2013 12:59 AM EST
Chrysler Group LLC's U.S. sales surged 16 percent in January, providing initial confirmation of analyst expectations that 2013 will be a robust one for the recovering industry.
The Auburn Hills, Mich., company, a unit of Italy’s Fiat SpA, said sales of its Ram pickup jumped 14 percent last month from a year earlier. Its midsize Chrysler 200 saw a 26 percent sales hike while sales of the Dodge Avenger sedan popped 69 percent.
TrueCar.com, an auto analyst firm, predicts retail sales for January to reach 877,533, while J.D. & Associates expects them to come in at 812,600 vehicles, representing a seasonally adjusted annualized rate of 12.9 million units. That would compare to last January's 10.9 million vehicles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’