Chrysler's U.S. Sales In January Surged 16%, Led By Ram Pickup Truck, Chrysler 200 And Dodge Avenger Sales
February 2, 2013 12:59 AM EST
Chrysler Group LLC's U.S. sales surged 16 percent in January, providing initial confirmation of analyst expectations that 2013 will be a robust one for the recovering industry.
The Auburn Hills, Mich., company, a unit of Italy’s Fiat SpA, said sales of its Ram pickup jumped 14 percent last month from a year earlier. Its midsize Chrysler 200 saw a 26 percent sales hike while sales of the Dodge Avenger sedan popped 69 percent.
TrueCar.com, an auto analyst firm, predicts retail sales for January to reach 877,533, while J.D. & Associates expects them to come in at 812,600 vehicles, representing a seasonally adjusted annualized rate of 12.9 million units. That would compare to last January's 10.9 million vehicles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia