Chrysler's U.S. Sales In January Surged 16%, Led By Ram Pickup Truck, Chrysler 200 And Dodge Avenger Sales
February 2, 2013 12:59 AM EST
Chrysler Group LLC's U.S. sales surged 16 percent in January, providing initial confirmation of analyst expectations that 2013 will be a robust one for the recovering industry.
The Auburn Hills, Mich., company, a unit of Italy’s Fiat SpA, said sales of its Ram pickup jumped 14 percent last month from a year earlier. Its midsize Chrysler 200 saw a 26 percent sales hike while sales of the Dodge Avenger sedan popped 69 percent.
TrueCar.com, an auto analyst firm, predicts retail sales for January to reach 877,533, while J.D. & Associates expects them to come in at 812,600 vehicles, representing a seasonally adjusted annualized rate of 12.9 million units. That would compare to last January's 10.9 million vehicles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?