Galaxy Nexus I9250 Gets Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean with MoDaCo CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM [How to Install]
By Vinod Yalburgi | February 1, 2013 10:58 PM EST
Galaxy Nexus I9250 users are in for a special treat with the release of Android 4.2.1 based MoDaCo CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM10.1) ROM, as it brings a stock Android experience on a pre-rooted Jelly Bean ROM. The ROM is reportedly designed for daily use that blends the ultimate tweaks and optimisations of a custom ROM with the exquisite features of CM10.1 to enhance the user experience.
A few of the notable Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean features ported to this ROM include multi-user support, gesture typing, new quick settings option, lock-screen widget, new camera app, photo sphere, improved Google Now, new daydream feature and miracast display.
Android 4.2.1 Based MoDaCo CM10.1 ROM Features
- Based on CyanogenMod 10.1 nightlies
- De-odexed and re-odexable.
- Apps are not disabled on boot
- Legacy Play Store
- Legacy browser and Flash
- Patched Google Wallet
- Facebook sync support
- Alternative App Stores (Amazon and SlideMe Market)
- Titanium Backup preinstalled
- MoDaCo Boot Logo
- Trackball Alert Pro compatibility for custom notification LED colours
- NFC on screen off
- Toggle2G support
- Stock Launcher with rotate support, Nova and Apex Launchers as options
- Disable camera shutter sound
- XXLH1 baseband
Key Points to Note
- MoDaCo CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM and the instructions given in this guide are meant for the international variant Galaxy Nexus I9250 model only and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Make sure that the phone has at least 80 percent battery charge.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed for the Galaxy Nexus phone on computer (download USB drivers)
- Ensure that USB Debugging mode is enabled on the device by navigating to Settings > Developer Options or Settings > Applications > Development. NOTE: If your phone is already running Android 4.2 onboard and if Developer Options is hidden under Settings, then do the following steps:
- Go to Settings > About Phone
- Scroll down to the bottom and select Build Number
- Now, tap Build Number seven times to unlock the hidden Developer Options. Then click the checkbox to enable USB Debugging mode under Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that the device is rooted with ClockworkMod recovery installed on it.
- In case you are stuck at boot animation or experiencing boot loop issues then perform Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache few more times before rebooting.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible if the device is damaged or bricked during or after ROM installation. Users must proceed at their own risk.
How to Install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean with MoDaCo CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM on Galaxy Nexus I9250
1. Connect the phone to computer with original USB cable.
2. Without extracting, copy the downloaded ROM zip file to the root folder on your phone's SD card.
3. Disconnect the USB cable and then power off the phone.
4. Boot into Recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together until the screen flashes, then release all three buttons (use volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select an option in Recovery).
5. Take a Nandroid backup of the current ROM so that you can restore it later if something goes wrong with the new ROM or you want to return to the original ROM. To do a backup, choose Backup and Restore and hit Backup again on next screen. Return to main recovery menu once backup is done.
6. Perform full data wipe task. To do so, click wipe data/factory reset, then choose Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait for a few minutes till the data wipe process completes. Now, return to CWM recovery main menu. Choose wipe cache partition and once wiping process completes, hit Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option.
7. Choose Install zip From SD card and click Choose zip From SD card. Now, navigate to the MoDaCo CM10.1 ROM zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by tapping Power button. Confirm ROM installation by choosing Yes on the next screen and the installation will begin.
8. After the ROM is installed, return to the main recovery menu and tap Reboot System Now to reboot the phone into Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean based MoDaCo CM10.1 custom ROM. The first boot may be time consuming (take about 5 to 7 minutes). So, leave it alone.
9. Returning to Previous ROM: To return to the previous ROM, boot into recovery, choose Backup and Restore then restore the previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Android 4.2.1 based MoDaCo CM10.1 custom ROM is now installed and running on your Galaxy Nexus I9250.
[Source: Android Jinn]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones