‘David’ Critics Review: A Must-Watch Film
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 1, 2013 9:54 PM EST
"David" is an action thriller film directed by Bejoy Nambiar who rose to fame with 2011 film "Shaitan". The movie features Vikram, Neil Nitin Mukesh and Vinay Virmani in the title roles. The story revolves around the lives of three men with the same name "David".
The film has received rave reviews from critics, with many appreciating Neil Nitin Mukesh's performance.
Check what critics have to say about the movie:
Roshni Devi of Koimoi.com said: "What's similar to God and underwear? If this has you bemused or offended, David is that necessary kick-in-the-seat of your pants to remind you of what intelligent movies with style and substance look like.
"Bejoy Nambiar and Natasha Sahgal take three not-so-ordinary stories and spin it into an excellent script. While Neil's story is bleaker than the others, it is also the one that disappoints the most. It starts of stylishly and intriguingly, but gets a messy conclusion.
"David is a sleek, funny movie that sews together interesting stories with excellent performances and darn good music. Don't give it a miss."
Gayatri Shankar of Zee news said: "Experimenting with and implementing out-of-the-box ideas aren't as easy as they seem to be. Bejoy Nambiar, who made his inroads to Hindi cinema with 'Shaitaan', which garnered rave reviews, has now come up with a visually thrilling piece of art- 'David'.
"Nambiar has an unusual way of story-telling. With 'David', he unfolds stories of the three protagonists of the film who share a common name. The times they belong to are different and so are the places they hail from. With action, romance and comedy in somewhat proportional lengths, Nambiar strikes a healthy balance that doesn't leave you jaded.
"Don't give this film a miss. So do grab your ticket at the earliest and treat yourself with something that's never seen before."
Subhash K Jha of IANS said: "Bejoy Nambiar's second feature film after Shaitan interconnects the lives of three characters named David, played with outstanding conviction by actors belonging to three different generations. The three protagonists, who by chance share the same name, didn't have to be linked in the plot at all.
"Each David occupies a distinctive emotional spatial and chronological dimension. Each story is told with a muted flourish that eschews the flamboyant edginess of a recent, highly favoured and over-flavoured genre of Hindi cinema... you know the Anurag Kashyap, Vishal Bharadwaj genre where the characters are darkly drawn from life's most sombre colours.
"David is many things at the same time. Finally though, it is a magnificent morality tale that tells us it is trendy to be bad, but being good is timeless."
Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama said: "In DAVID, Bejoy's second outing; he introduces us to three Davids. Dwelling in three different places. In three different eras. But the characters aren't linked to each other, though these characters do connect towards the film's resolution. Given the genre of the film, one would expect DAVID to hurl a lot of shockers at you. Sadly, it doesn't. Sure, the tone of the sequences alters constantly, from passion to angst to apprehension to conflict to retribution to vindication, but the film fails to involve you completely. What comes across on screen is inconsistent.
"What you eventually carry home is the technique Bejoy adopts to narrate the three stories. But the gorgeous visuals and a couple of enthralling moments aren't enough. A film ought to score as a complete package. That's where DAVID falters!
"On the whole, DAVID is more style, less substance. A few moments do stand out, but they are few and far between. Coming from the director of SHAITAN, this one's a mega disappointment!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS