Sony’s New York PlayStation Event on Feb 20 Reignites PS4 Debut Speculations
By Rohit KVN | February 1, 2013 9:18 PM EST
A couple of years ago, Sony had organised a similar 'PlayStation Meeting' event to unveil the prototype of its handheld gaming console PlayStation Vita. Similarly in 2005, the company had unveiled plans for the launch of PlayStation 3 in 2006. By closely looking at the time line between releases of PS2 (2000) and PS3 (2006), it is quite likely that the upcoming event will not be an ordinary occasion for Sony PlayStation fans.
Speculations of PS4 had been around for quite some time now, but a clearer picture has begun to surface with the announcement of Feb 20 event coinciding with the worldwide shutdown of Sony's iconic PS2 console production a few weeks ago.
PS2 console with more than 150 million sales still holds the world record for the most sold video game console in gaming history to date.
Now, Sony feels the necessity to make PS4 reach legendary status as its predecessors did. According to various reports, Sony's R&D department is testing to integrate biometric sensors and LCD touch screen on the grips of PS4's controller pad.
Xbox official blogger, 'Major Nelson' A.K.A Lawrence 'Larry' Hryb, Director of Programming for Microsoft gaming network Xbox Live has launched a countdown on his website with a tag line 'And it's on' in reference to the 2013 E3 convention.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists