Kate Middleton's 'Near Perfect' Nose Most Popular Among Plastic Surgery Seekers
By Simi John | February 1, 2013 9:11 PM EST
Ladies are seeking plastic surgery to attain Kate Middleton's "near perfect" nose according to one of the word's leading plastic surgeons.
Maurizio Persico, who specialises in nose reshaping, told the Dail Mail that the Duchess of Cambridge's nose "is straight with a cute, rounded tip and is perfectly in proportion to her face. This gives Kate an attractive and striking profile.
"Plus, she always looks happy and confident in photos, which is especially appealing to women whose own appearance makes them unhappy - those who feel self-conscious about larger or crooked noses, which they believe dominate their faces."
Psychologist Carmen Lefevre, who studies facial attributes and behavior at the University of St. Andrews, explained that there is an evolutionary preference for small, straight noses like the Duchess's.
"The symmetry of Kate's nose, the angle between her lip and the tip of her nose and the minimal amount of nostril on show, are all near-perfect," she said.
The newspaper interviewed several women who underwent plastic surgery to get the Duchess's iconic nose, and detailed how it has changed their lives.
Sarah Hattley, 31, who underwent £4,900 rhinoplasty in October 2011, admitted that it has given her the confidence to emulate Kate Middleton.
"I've admired Kate since she first got engaged to William. I've tried to copy her natural makeup and long, glossy hair style: she always looks so effortlessly groomed. But it was her perfect nose - narrow and petite, with a subtle upturn - that always caught my eye in pictures," she said.
Meanwhile, 24-year-old Danielle Murray, who is a social worker, made the decision to get rhinoplasty while watching the royal wedding in April 2011.
"When I look in the mirror, I no longer see the hooked Roman nose I'd hated for years. I see a cute, slightly upturned nose just like the Duchess of Cambridge's, and it makes me incredibly happy," she explained.
"My fixation with my nose started when I was 13, after a boy at school started teasing me, saying: 'You need to sort your big nose out!' It had never bothered me before, but I became instantly obsessed."
Murray had her surgery in October 2011 and said that she could see the difference in her nose directly after the operation, even after the swelling.
Finally, Lauren Wright, who lives in Stockport, Cheshire and is an air stewardess, was worried about the results of the surgery but is now happy with the outcome.
"After the operation, the discomfort was like having a heavy cold and I couldn't breathe properly for a week. I was glued to the mirror - even with a protective cast on my nose I could see that the new shape was what I'd wanted," Wright said,
"A week later, the cast was removed. Smaller and more feminine, my new nose was exactly what I'd dreamed of and has had a magical effect on my confidence."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers